HAMZA X RUMI

Doomed From the Start

Prompt : An OS on my favourite couple from Ishqiya - RumZa ie. Rumaisa and Hamza.

After their brutal separation and death of unborn child, Hamza has been suffering from depression and loneliness since his family does not really talk to him. His mother just serves him food and necessary items via their servant. Zoya is about to get married with her beloved, though she secretly fears about her future yet she still harbours sympathy for both Rumi and Hamza but more towards her dear bhabhi. They sometimes connect on phone too.

To everyone it seems that Rumi has moved on successfully, but only her mother knows that she has been fighting with her inner self, her anxiety and severe depression. The loss of her child, her father and consequences of distancing herself from Hamza has not treat her well. Hamna and Azim have shifted to US to have a good time plus work purposes.

~ Sabar kia dard sahe, teri chaukhat pe bethe rahe ~

"Ammi..aap mujhe kyu baar baar yaad dilati hain us haivan ke bare me, jise mai bhulna chahti hu." Rumi screamed as her mother was trying to convince her to give another chance to Hamza.

"Beta kyuki, usse alag rehkar tum bhi khush nahi ho." her mom argued as she is tired of seeing Rumi like this, gloomy dull and inanimate.

"Aapki ek beti khush haina, to aap apne dil me thandak kyu nahi rakhti. Mujhe mere haal pr kyu nahi chodh deti aap.." she said with teary eyes.

"kya mai tumse kam mohobbat karti hu, jo tumhe akela chodh du beta. Maan kyu nhi jaati tum, Hamza ne kabhi tumhare papa or mere sath bura nhi kia, usne kisi ko kabhi pareshan nhi kia or ek galti ho gyi...to ek baar..."

"Mujhe use koi ek mauka nhi dena. Zindagi barbaad kardi hai usne meri, or mere bacche ki. Or ab please aap mere kamre se jaayein..mujhe or behes nhi karni" she asked her mother to leave as she has came to advice her because Hamza just visited them for n'th time to convince Rumi. He visits her daily despite of constant humiliation by her. There are even instances when he didn't speak anything and just stood, listening her angry voice which soothes him.

~ Aansu bethe kaid palkon pe, kese inko bahaun ~

Around one in the night, when Rumi was trying to deal with her insomnia, as after her break up with him, she is finding it hard to put herself in peace and tranquility, she recieved a call from Zoya.

"Hello Zoya..?" As soon as she picked up, she heard Zoya crying badly.

"Kuch bolo Zoya.. ro kyu rahi ho.."

"Rumaisa vo.." her voice broke as she was getting choked.

"Ab tum mujhe daraa rahi ho..kuch bolo Zoya..!"

"Rumi Hamza ka accident hogya hai.. aaj tumhare ghr se aate waqt.. but is baar shayad vo apni aakhri saanse gin raha hai.." Zoya told her while crying badly.

"Oh..! Acha..!" That's all Rumi said. She didn't know how to form words and maybe have forgotten how to react in grief.

"Please tum ek baar aajao. Bs ek baar. Agar doctors ne hume jawab nhi dia hota..to mai tumhe kbhi nhi bulati. Dopeher se uska treatment chal raha hai..par ab..lagta hai Zindagi ne Hamza se shikast kar li hai..ho sake to tum aa jana." Zoya pleaded sadly.