SARA X KARTIK

Namastey London

Prompt : Inspired by their (solo) London trip.

She couldn't believe he just said this to her. Kartik wasn't coming to London. He was currently in Paris, enjoying his solo vacation for new years 2023. He deserves that, she knows. After working tirelessly, jumping only between promotions and shootings, he hadn't taken rest the whole year, but she also was helpless. Helpless at the hands of her heart which only wants Kartik. Added, no matter how much she wanted to go and meet him, it was equally true that Ibrahim, her mom and her friends were acting stubborn to not go Paris or let her go alone. They are glued to her.

"Lemme go naa! Please Ibrahim. Kamya? Amma aap? Atleast you should listen to me!?" She had said but to no avail. She couldn't believe how her own family and friends turned a deaf ear to her.

"Fuck y'all." She yelled and they all covered their mouth with their hands to not laugh at her situation.

Why always her? She stomped her foot and had left the room. Don't she deserve to celebrate New years with her boyfriend? Yes. She agrees that it was her idea to conceal the relationship from everyone, untill some time but this is not done!
Kartik should make some efforts, she thought as anger dissipated within her.

She had messaged him to come over, and he had said he would manage and come but now. Just now Kartik denied it on her face.
Video call. Correction.

Only two days are left for the new years and she can't be celebrating it without him.

And that calls for a fight. Certainly! She breathed angrily, sitting Indian style on her bed. She should call him and blast him for denying her.

"But it's new years yaar!" Sara whined to her friend, as Kartik again denied to come, showing his helplessness by saying that there are no tickets available. Is he for real?

"I know right. He shouldn't have denied." Kamya said, pouting and Sara knew how innocently her friend is pulling her leg.

"Says the person who is not letting me go Paris. Yaha se to haina tickets available. But you are the reason two lovers are separated from each other bitch." Sara crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Two lovers. Oh my God! I'll get diabetes at this rate." Kamya acted to puke.

"Shut up!" Sara was about to cry. If this is a joke, Kartik has tried to pull off on her, then it's an ugly one. She will smack his head into the wall for real this time, she mentally decided.

Wait! They have done it before too.

"Are you guys involved with Kartik? Is he going to surprise me" she asked excitedly, wiping her eyes since it has happened many times before. Iggy, her mom and her girlfriends have always sided by Kartik in such matters.

"Nope. Darling. Trust me, this time Kartik has not told us anything like that. And aunty wants to celebrate with you. She has specially accompanied you on your shoot. So enjoy! Kartik ki sach mein majboori hogi, that why he couldn't come. Don't be harsh on that poor fella and yourself." Kamya tried to stop her friend from crying. It's new year, they can't welcome it with tears in eyes.

"Yeah!" Sara muttered and left the room. She needs to pull herself up. Maybe next time they will spend their new year together.