Chapter 7- Much Needed Sleep

Bucky P.O.V

“I would also like the chance to become and true father to you too.” Tony says and Emily looks up at him.  Tears fill her eyes and she blinks them back.

“Really?” She chokes out and Tony nods. She jumps up off of the couch faster than you would’ve thought after you were shot by a repulsors. She stumbles over to him and pulls him in for a big hug. “Thank you.” She says with a hug smile on her face.

I watch a grin spread across Tony’s face as he hugs her back, watching out for the blast. They pull apart and she walks back over sitting next to me. After a minute of sitting there she lifts my metal arm and lays her head in my lap while propping her feet on the other side of the couch.

She looks up at me with her startling green eyes and I look down at her with what she calls ‘twinkling blue eyes’.

“So do you like the suit?” She asks me and I nod down at her.

“I like how you accommodated it for my metal arm, especially the repulsors on the palm.” I say to her and her face lights up in a bright, but tired smile. Her eyes droop a bit and I carefully pull her up and onto me.

I stand up from the couch with her in my arms and to the elevator.

“I’m taking her to her room, she’s tired.” I say and they all nod, before the doors close. I look down at her and she looks up at me. She wraps her arms around my neck and cuddles into my chest.

“Thank you, Bucky.” She whispers and I nod my head acknowledging her. She closes her eyes and falls asleep before the doors open again to her floor. Soon enough the doors open I carry her down the hall.

I lightly kick open her door and walk to the bed. I push back the covers and place her in the bed or at least tried. She hung onto my shirt and wouldn’t let go. I let out a deep chuckle at her. I gently shake her awake.

“Huh.” She says and looks up at me and I grin at her.

“I know you love me, but you have to let me go.” I say and motion to the shirt. Instead of being let go, I get yanked onto the bed by her.

“Since, I love you. You should be able to be my furnace and keep me warm.” She says and I chuckle at her.

“That’s the blankets job, Emily.” I say to her and tried to crawl out of the bed. Key word: tried. She grabbed the belt loop of my jeans and yanked me back and then wrapped her arm around me, holding on tightly.

“But you’re so much warmer!” She whines and I chuckle, moving a strand of hair out of her face. “Please!” She drags out and I let out a defeated sigh. I stop trying to get out and she gives me a victorious smile.

“You’re a sneaky one aren’t you?” I say to her and she pauses me a second before chuckling.

“I guess I am because you didn’t even notice that one time when I stole your metal arm from you in the middle of the night until the next morning.” She says with one of the widest grins and she laughs remembering the memory.

I had woke up and started screaming about his metal arm. Emily’s mom and I had found Emily asleep at a work table while she was looking over his metal arm. Her mom made her put it back on immediately.

“That was one time!” I exclaim at her while she sniggers at me. I grin at her and chuckle along with her. He lets out a tired yawn and I twirl her hair in my fingers. “You should go to sleep you have had a very rough day.

“Can you stay with me, Bucky? Be my pillow, please!” She begs and I nod my head at her.

“But then I steal your pillow.” I say mischievous voices and she laughs at me.

“You sound like you’re doing something dangerous with my pillow, Bucky.” She says and I laugh at her.

“Maybe I’ll give it to Clint and Natasha for target practice.” I say with a grin and she grabs my pillow.

“Noooo! My pillow. Fine, its Tony’s anyway.” She says and pulls me down, laying her head on my chest. “You’re a much better pillow and you wouldn’t die in a Natasha/ Clint target practice. Me, I’d me dead meat on a table. Why am I talking about this?” She says and I laugh at her.

“How do I know?” I say and she glares up at me.

“You, you make my mind jumbled. It’s all because of you.” She says and closes her eyes and laying her head on my chest. I run a hand through her hair and she falls asleep. I look down at her and get drowsy. I kiss her hair and fall into calm sleep.

A/N EH I know it's small, but it'll probably quench for now. I am trying to gather thoughts. Usually I write what I write on a whim.