Chapter 25- A Day of Pain

Dissapointed. If you give me a while I'll have some ideas. I think these are the chapter for today! Enjoy!

Chapter 25

Bucky P.O.V

Tony was pretty sure he got a track onto where she is. We all head out in a black SUV so we’re somewhat disguised. Tony guides us through the streets of New York. I miss her, I love her, and I hope she’s alright.

Suddenly Clint steers the wheel hard and we skid across the ground.

“Clint!” Natasha yells and slaps his head. We sits there in the car while Tony looks at the camera.

“She’s on the move, heading away from us.” Tony yells and Clint begins speeding down the road. I see a figure run out of somewhere and something drop from their pocket. The person jumps over fences and disappears into the yards.

“Getting closer!” Tony says as we drive forward where the person ran. We stop. “It said she was right here.” I look out the window at what the person dropped. It’s a camera. I slam open the door and jump out. I pick up the camera and show them.

“Guys I saw someone drop this while running earlier, it’s got to be Emily.” I say to them and they all look relieved and worried at the same time.

“Come on, we’ll drive around the block.” Clint says and I jump back into the car. We drive around six times before Clint stops. “She’s not here.” He says and I let out a sigh.

“I know what I saw.” I saw to them they raise eyes brows at me. “You think it’s a little farfetched? Tell that to the camera.” I say to them and they begin driving back to Stark Tower against my protests.

I look at the camera in my hands and I feel sick. I can see bloody finger prints on it and I know they’re Emily’s.

Emily P.O.V

I walk through the streets of New York. I move through alleys and passageways, trying not to get caught by Hydra. Many people glance at us, giving Peggy and I weird looks.

I almost know I look weird. I look like a girl from the nineteen forties and I’m carrying and older women in my arms, but I don’t care. I need to get Peggy to safety and I need to get to Stark Tower. I need to not get caught by Hydra. I need my freedom.

Peggy coughs in my arms and I look down at her.

“Stay with me, Peggy. You’re going to be in good hands when we get to Stark Tower. I know because I’m a Stark.” I say and she looks at me confused. “I’m Emily Andrews Stark.” I say and she nods her head coughing again. Suddenly I get to open roads, no alleys nothing to protect me.

“Miss Carter, I have a few hundred yard sprint ahead of me. Are you going to be okay jumping around a bit?” I ask her.

“Yes.” Her frail voice says and I nod. I look around carefully and begin sprinting. After about a hundred yards, gun shots happen and I protect Peggy. I get shot in the same shoulder, but I will not fall. I continue running.

Pings from bullets hitting the ground around me are heard and I have a few yards left to the doors of Stark Tower. I burst through the doors and past the receptionist. I power walk to the elevator, so Peggy doesn’t have to jump around.

“Jarvis.” I call and Peggy looks at me.

“Yes, Miss Stark.” The A.I says.

“Call the Avengers to the infirmary and take me to the infirmary.” I say and I look down at Peggy. She has tears in her eyes.

“I knew the man, Jarvis.” She says and I nod my head.

“Butler to Howard Stark.” She coughs again and I pray for the elevator to move faster. The doors open and I speed walk out quickly. I set her on a bed and begin running around. I pull a sheet up around her and take a rag to wash her face.

I set up an oxygen tank and I hear footsteps running down the halls. I struggle turning on the tank with one hand and I get it. I turn to find the Avengers.

“Steve, hold her hand.” I order and he looks confused. “This is Agent Peggy Carter.” I say and he rushes forward. Peggy looks over at him and tears well up in her eyes. I look at Steve and he has tears in his eyes. I glance at everyone who stares at me.

I try to get the oxygen mask around her head, but I can’t with one hand. Once I try to use my other hand, I let out a cry of pain and everyone jumps and Bruce begins to move around the room.

“Bruce, I need this oxygen on her. Her house blue up along with her neighbors. We both got shot at and I think she should have minimal smoke inhalation. I don’t think she should have any damage from the debris.” I say to him and he nods.

I take a few steps back and pass out.

Bucky P.O.V

“Mr. Stark, You and the Avengers are needed in the infirmary.” Tony lets out a sigh.

“What’s it this time? A fan?” He calls out.

“No sir, its Miss Andrews.” He says and we all jump up from the couch.

“Emily Andrews, Jarvis?” I ask him.

“Yes, Mr. Barnes.” We all run to the elevator. I run to the stairs and begin running down as fast as I can. I get down to the door and begin running. I hear a ding behind me and more footsteps sound behind me. I know we’re all running.

We burst into the door and I see someone running around in a dress from my days. A lady lays in the bed. She looks slightly familiar. “I thought Jarvis said that Emily was here. Suddenly the girl turns to us and it actually is Emily.

She begins running around the lady.

“Steve, hold her hand.” Now I’m confused. Emily senses the same thing with Steve. “This is Agent Peggy Carter.” Steve rushes forward. Peggy Carter. Where have I heard that before?

I watch Emily move around the room. She moves over and oxygen tank and tried to put it on Peggy, one handed. She tries with her other hand and she lets out a cry of pain. We all snap out of our haze. I begin to move, but Bruce beats me.

“Bruce, I need this oxygen on her. Her house blue up along with her neighbors. We both got shot at and I think she should have minimal smoke inhalation. I don’t think she should have any damage from the debris.” She says to him and steps back and crumbles to the ground. I rush forward and catch her before her head hits the floor.

I gently pick her up and set her in a bed near Peggy. I look back at Tony and he stands there frozen, staring at Emily. I turn to her and see blood seeping from her shoulder.

“Bruce, she’s been shot again.” I say to him and Tony runs over. He looks at the bullet wound and pales. “Tony, don’t pass out. Hold onto her hand. Bruce, I’m going to get it out.” I say to him and walk over to a tray of tools. I grab tweezers.

I walk over and looks down at her sadly before I begin. I put the tweezers in her arm and she flinches away. I hold down her forearm and put the tweezers in. After a few more minutes I get it out and I look over to see Tony has fainted in the chair.

I grab a wire and a needle and begin to stitch her up. I bandage her and Bruce looks over it with a nod of his head. I look down at her sadly. Her face, dirty along with the green dress. I lean down and kiss her forehead.

“I love you, forever and always.” I whisper and sit down in a chair next to her.