Chapter 26- Hail Hydra

A/N I'm pleased with it. I think it's funny and better than the last chapters. I almost cried writing part of it. 

Chapter 26

Emily P.O.V

I run through the woods, a bear mutant chasing me. Suddenly I’m in the HYDRA faculty Alexander Pierce stands there smirking at me with a gun to my forehead. The bear mutant stands next to him, almost like a sneer on its face.

I reach out to snap his neck, when he disappears. I turn around and I’m back in the woods surrounded by Agents Rumlow, Taylor, Ward, Stan and Lee. Agent Taylor walks towards me smirking, holding out a bowl of… poison berries. Rumlow and Ward, grab branches from the poison berry tree and drag them over my skin.

The prickers slice into my skin, leaving tiny trails of blood. Suddenly they all stand in front of me, Pierce and all of them point a gun at me.

“No!” I cry out.

“Hail Hydra.” They say and instead of firing they point their guns behind me and I spin around. The Avengers lay there tied to metal chairs, head drooped and bodies bruised.

“No, No! Don’t!” I cry out and Pierce cackles. He walks over to Bucky who is breathing heavily.

“Emily!” A voice cries out and I look around frantic to get to the voice which I know is Bucky’s. I look back just as the gun fires. Bucky slumps to the ground in a pool of blood red… well blood.

“Bucky!” I cry out as tears fall from my eyes. A bullet to the forehead and his eyes are open, but dull and dead. I hold his head. “Bucky.” I sob and I hear Pierce’s cackling laugh again. I look up and he’s over my Tony.

“No, no!” I cry out and begin running towards him, but they seem to be moving away from me. “Dad!” I scream as he disappears.

A prick in my arm is felt and I jump up, fully alert. My hands are in fists as I scan my surroundings. Director Fury has a gun out. I jump up, kicking it out of his hand, it skids across the ground and slams into the wall. Every Avenger stands there wide eyes. I look around them, forgetting of the other day. Hydra is known for fake dreams and delusions.

“Is this real or am I delusional?” I ask and they look at me with pity. I walk up to Bucky and reach out to stroke his cheek, when I’m an inch away I pull back. I turn around and put my hands out.

“Just take me back to the cell and beat me?” I say holding out my arms in front of me. I look down at my feet, expecting a slap to the face for speaking out. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump.

“We’re real.” Bucky says and I smile. Finally the memories of the other day come to the forefront of my mind.

“How’s Agent Carter?” I ask him, looking into his eyes. They take on a sad look.

“Not doing too well.” He says and I frown. I look down at myself and smile.

“You like the dress? Peggy lent it to me.” I say and he smiles, nodding his head. “Let’s go visit her.” I say and walk out of the room. Nobody follows and I look back.

“Are you going to stand there and make me find the room she’s in or are you going to lead me?” I ask them and they all move to the hallway with me.

I walk through the hallways. Occasionally they point out left or right. Soon enough we stop at her room. Tony has a huge infirmary. I walk into the room and I see her coughing.

“Aww Peggy.” I say with tears in my eyes. I walk up to a chair beside her and grab her hand. “I shouldn’t have stopped by your door. I got you involved in this mess. You wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for me.” I mumble sadly and she takes a hand cupping my cheek.