Chapter 21- It is she

Chapter 21

Bucky P.O.V

Loki has been causing mayhem around the world. Once we’re there he’s gone and left a message, every time. He leaves a few people dead, with a scepter stab wound to the heart each.

I found out we were under Loki’s spell after Emily left. Everything I ‘dreamt’ of actually did happen and he was controlling us.

Emily’s been gone for months again. No town has been spectacularly on the map. Trenton, Tennessee hasn’t been visited. Her mom’s grave is there, someone has been leaving flowers on it and we haven’t caught them. We know it’s not Emily though.

The rubble in the Dominican has been cleared and nothing salvaged. She was speaking truthfully when she said that nothing can be saved. All her suits were burnt and gone, wires totally dissipated nothing left, but the cement rubble.

I miss her. I feel betrayed. I still love her. My emotions go haywire when I think about her. I train, trying to get my mind off of her, but that only makes me think of her more. No suits have been spotted, nothing. Again.

Last time, I liked her, but I didn’t love her. Now I do and, it breaks me. She has a suit to protect me, but it doesn’t mean that she’ll be protected forever. Even though I feel betrayed, I would give my life to protect her. I would give anything to protect her.

“Bucky!” Steve yells and I snap my head to him.

“Huh?!” I say to him and he lets out a sigh.

“We have a mission.” He says and I nod my head, standing up out of my seat.

“What do we have?” I ask him.

“A mission to go to Europe. There is another note from-“The televisions in the room begin going haywire. Suddenly Alexander Pierce’s face comes up and I clench my fists. I look at Steve accusingly.

“I thought you killed him!” I yell and he holds his hands up and Pierce’s voice flows through the room.

“Hello, Avengers. I’m back did you miss me all those months ago? Hydra is rising up again and we have a new asset.” My face pales a bit and my fists clench more. “Or more like soon to be asset, we haven’t got the weapon to be brainwashed yet.” A door opens. “Oh here they are.”

My heart clenches, it shatters into a million tiny pieces. My breath is stolen and voice is broken when I notice who it is.

She stands there tall, though she’s broken. My face bruised and battered. I look at Steve and his face pales. His body trembles and tears glisten in his eyes. I can’t believe it.

A/N Is she Emily or somebody else. As you can see I purposely kept out the name of the girl.