Chapter 10- Waiting on you

I did not create the songs I put into the book. They are created by actual singers. 

Chapter 10

BUCKY P.O.V

A few months later since Emily left. We've been trying to track her down, not for S.H.I.E.L.D, but for Tony and the rest of us Avengers. Like she said, we can't track her. She's totally went Off the Grid. I'm not even that good, but I'm not a science tech like her.

A month after she left, I miraculously got a technology updated metal arm in the mail. I am one hundred present sure that it's from Emily. We can't track any of the parts of metals.

Tony has been going off the wall, crazy without her. Hung over ninety nine percent of the time. Pepper can't even stop him. We were all surprised when she left and surprised that Fury wanted her eliminated.

We all feel guilty for her leaving.

Except Fury.

I finally understood what they were talking about when they met that day. How they looked like cookie dough. Fury was the chocolate chip and Maria and Phil were the dough. It sound insulting, but I guess they adjusted to that name.

I get assigned missions to get my head out of my thoughts. What really surprised me that say was when she said she was captured by HYDRA. I don't remember anything about that, but she must've encountered me.

Suddenly Tony comes running into the room.

"So I was scowering for any towns or cities for any upcoming one, like they got on the map quickly because you know, Emily had changed our minds to loving her, so I found one!" He says with enthusiasm.

"Tony, lots of cities come on the map." Natasha says and he shakes his head smiling.

"Not like this one." He walks over to a table with a tablet. He hooks it up and splays his hands wide. "Trenton, Tennessee was hit by a massive tornado the day Emily left. After a month the town is cleaned up and a major singer lands there. Suddenly it's famous!" He says and I shake my head at him.

"Tony, I bet a lot of singers make towns a huge name." I say to him and he frowns at me and looks at the others earnestly.

"Please! I feel like she's there." He says and I look at the group.

"It'll take us away from our jobs. It could be like a mini vacation. Loki hasn't hit since he got loose and Emily left." I say to them and they all nod grumbling. Tony jumps up.

"Get packed we're leaving in two hours." He says and runs out of the room.

EMILY P.O.V

I have stayed in Trenton, Tennessee. Darla became my new mother. She'll never fully replace my real mom, but I do call Darla mom.

We fixed the diner up and I found out I could sing and cook. I made many recipes for the brave customers to try and they fall in love. Every night it is packed when I sing.

"Order up!" I yell and skate out in roller blades to the customers. I'm the only employee that does this and when people hear the skates, they know it's me. I skate around with a plate of hash brown casserole and triple chocolate cake with a cherry in the middle, both I introduced to the town.

"Emily!" Darla calls and I skate over to her and lean on the counter. "We've got quite a turn out tonight." She says and I smile nodding.

"I'm surprised you said it has never been this busy." I say to her and scan over the crowd.

"You know most of them are here for you, Darling." She says and I smile softly at her.

"Mom, you're too sweet." I say and kiss her cheek. I grab another plate of food and skate around. I pass it out and gather up the dirty plates. I place them in the sink and skate out with a pitcher of coffee and water. I twirl around, making the customers smile at me.