Chapter 14- Home Base

A/N Yes it is short, but most of my chapters have been long, so it's fine with me.  Oh please enjoy the random song I picked out. It should be very funny. 

Chapter 14

Emily P.O.V

“Suit-destruction sequence activated.” Those words send shivers down my spine. When I left Stark Tower after I was told that the Avengers has and assassination mission, I said that if any suit was touched by an Avengers, that it would self-destruct.

When Bucky touched the back of my suit if activated the sequence that was coded into my suit.

Now for a lesson on my suits. When I say self-destruct if means, blow the whole entire suit to smithereens where no part is able to be rescued. If a person was in the suit, ashes would be left and you wouldn’t ever be able to get DNA from it. The Vibranium Carbonate structure of the suit, would get so hot, that it would turn into a liquid as the heat from the explosion.

The whole explosion could level a whole town with the amount of heat the explosion would produce. I retract my suit and step out, thinking of a plan.

“That it a few hundred feet into the air.” I order.

“Ma’am you need to take it up there. Suit can’t do it alone.” Alice says to me.

“The suit, could level this who town. If I don’t get it high in the sky, the civilians and all of us could be blown up.” I pause for a minute, thinking if I should take it into the air. “I’ve got to do this. Everyone get back.” I say to them and they all step back away from me. I know they’re wondering what I’m doing. “This should be fun and painful.” I step into my suit after taking a deep, shaky breath. “Goodbye.” I say to them and zoom through the clouds.

My plan is two take it a few thousand feet into the air and then drop to the ground. I would try and call my suits to me.

“Suit destruction in thirty seconds.” Alice says, taking me out of my reverie.

“Alice, drop me and let the suit explode.” I say to her and the suit opens up, releasing me towards the ground. My suit just levitates there and I start a free fall.

“Call Armored ball to my location. I also want pentagonal suits for all the Avengers. If I don’t make it, take them to the lab location and put James Buchanan Barnes in charge of all my suits. I want sequence again Avengers, taken away, but except for any S.H.I.E.L.D agent.” I say through the ear piece.

I explosion rocks behind me and I pick up speed as I fall to the ground. I lay myself parallel to the ground as I fall. As I get closer to the ground I hear yelling.

“There she is!” I think its Bucky’s voice. A repulsors attaches to my left hand and I begin to spin out of control. I stop the repulsors and continue falling. I look down and notice Bucky under me, as if to catch me and suddenly the rest of my suit attaches to my body and I take off forward.

My suit surges through the air and past the diner, where the customers now watch outside. I could literally hear the glass rumble as I zoom through the street. Suddenly only four suits pick up some of the Avengers, cause Thor must be in Asgard.

“Alice, where is the fifth suit?” I call and everyone is in the air, but Bucky.

“Ma’am, we did get the Avengers.” Alice says and I sigh.

“I really need to recode you. James, Buchanan Barnes is an Avengers. I’ll get him.” I swoop down and gather him in my suits arms. I take off into the sky and he wraps his arms around my metal head.

“Where are we going?” Bucky asks me.

“Alice, project me to the other suits that carry the Avengers.” I order. I hear a crackle.

“You’re on Ma’am.” Alice says.

“Guys, you may be wondering where we’re going. We’re going to where it all started. Home Base.” I say to them. “If you wanna speak, just do so to the suit.” I say to them.

“Why happened back there?” Tony says through the suit. I don’t think I’m ever going to be able to call him Dad.

“My personal suit exploded.” I answer blandly. It was my best suit. “I’m going to have to make another personal and teach it mannerisms of my last one.” I say with a sigh.

“How was it so big?” He asks me and I sigh.

“My suits are wired to explode when said or by orders. My suit recognized Bucky as a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. So when he touched my shoulder, the code ran and my suit had to explode. When my suits are coded to explode it is written that nothing can be salvaged. If there was a person in the suit, they’re turned to ash and no DNA could be extracted. My suit, also has to heat so hot that the Vibranium carbonate of it, melts and is destroyed.” I say calmly as we zoom through the air.

“How fast are we going?” Bucky asks.

“We’re going faster than Iron Man has ever went.” I hear a snort over the microphone. “Tony, how fast can your suit fly?” I ask him.

“If you don’t factor in the wind or whatever can be chasing me and the suit in perfect condition, around a few hundred miles per hour.” He says to me and I laugh.

“I’m going to say almost double that.” I say to him and I can imagine him slack jawed.

“Where is this home base of yours?” Steve asks me.

“Classified till I can fully trust you. Alice is blocking any signal that could lead you to wherever we’re going.” I say to them and I hear huffs.

“Why can’t you trust us?” Clint asks.

“If I weren’t stuck on this suit, I’d slap you.” Natasha grumbles and I let out a laugh.

“Let’s see, Clint. The Avengers were assigned to assassinate me. They were also assigned to get my suits. I people I really trusted were Fury and his two helpers and now that’s gone. I trust nobody.” I say to them.

“Good rule to live by.” Natasha says and I smile. I hear huffs from the men.

“Thank you, Natasha. Shall I explain the rules of home base or shall I do it at home base?” I ask them.

“Can you say them at base?” Steve says. “I can barely hear over this wind.” He says and I laugh.

“Yes, Captain.” I laugh and fly through the air.

“Alice, I want the suits to be on the landing pads. When we land, send them to the other suits. I want all of my suits, prepped and warmed up and yes you can emotion them now.” I say to her.

“Yes, Ma’am. Home base coming into few in 3…2…1…0” She says and I nod my head. I set down on the landing pad. The suit retracts and I hear sounds of awe move through the Avengers.

“My fellow people. This is Home Base.” I extends my hands out.