𝐏 𝐀 𝐏 𝐄 𝐑 𝐇 𝐄 𝐀 𝐑 𝐓 𝐒 | 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐍 𝐘 𝐄 𝐎 𝐋

❝ p a p e r  h e a r t s ;; ❞

p a p e r  h e a r t s ;;

park chanyeol

[ continuation of Locking Eyes ]

ABOUT 5 minutes back, you never imagined you'll clash into some stranger, fall and hurt your ankle and then have the same stranger carry you to your best friend, better, one - sided love's wedding as you cling onto him, arms wrapped around his neck, your eyes trying their hardest to not look at the handsome man who kept on glancing at you from time to time.

What a luck!

Appearing to your crush's wedding in the arms of another man- you seriously didn't know if luck was favoring you or plotting something against you. Whatever it was, at least you didn't have to limp all the way to the banquet and this stranger's arms were quite warm so it's not like you were complaining. Instead, they were so warm that you felt yourself dozing off as he walked smoothly with you on his arms.

Nuzzling your face against his neck, you let out a sigh as you felt your eyes becoming heavier and you struggled to keep them open. 'Don't fucking fall asleep, Hyun-Ae. You can't fall asleep!' Reminding yourself that you couldn't just suddenly fall asleep in the arms of a stranger, more so you didn't even know if he was a good guy and didn't have any bad intentions - you couldn't let your guards down. What if he kidnaps you or something? You won't even be able to shout when you're asleep!

No, thank you. You still wanted to live. You were only 24 after all, death was a long time coming.

While you thought about all the possibilities of this man kidnapping you, said man himself was quietly judging your carelessness and how you trusted him without much thought on what could happen if he were to be a bad guy. Tsk, you were so careless to him, you reminded him of a little child, someone who can be easily fooled and hurt. Chanyeol averted his gaze towards you, who was slightly sweating and blinking uncontrollably. 'She's probably suspecting me to be a kidnapper right now' He cracked a smile at his thoughts, 'How can someone be so dumb and adorable at the same time?'

"Hey, lady." He called out to you, catching your attention as you finally diverted your eyes towards him, humming in response as if to tell him to continue what he wanted to say. Chanyeol caught your response and looked into your eyes, "I ain't a kidnapper, don't worry." He finished.

His words left you a bit flustered as the guilt for suspecting him to be a bad guy when he was just trying to help you settled in the pit of your stomach. "I- it's not like that." You stuttered, "And even if you were, you couldn't have kidnapped me anyway. We are in public, and I know how to scream loudly. I also took Taekwondo lessons so don't try me-"

You were interrupted by Chanyeol's loud laughter, his chest rumbling in the process as he kept on laughing like an absolute madlad and you just watched in awe. No one could possibly blame you for staring like a creep, the guy was so angel-like with his sharp visuals, those wide eyes and plump lips that formed into crescents whenever he laughed captured your eyes and put you in a trance, you swear you were trying to tear your gazes away but it was almost impossible. If this were a kdrama, then a cute, heart fluttering love song - that make you feel as single as a Pringle - would have started playing and cupids with arrows and hearts will show out of the blue but this was real life, and you couldn't possibly be enjoying yourself on your crush's wedding day.

Chanyeol stopped laughing after a while, now gently swaying you in his arms as he walked without any trouble. You were confused as to how he was able to walk holding you like this as if you weighed absolutely nothing, not like you were fat or chubby but you were not like those skinny models in magazines who eat one meal a day. Instead, you ate a lot! You were just . . . a bit tiny but you'll blame that on your genetics.

"How are you related to Jung Jaehyun?" Chanyeol suddenly asked out of the blue, making you choke out a "huh!?" as you tried to process how he knew Jaehyun.

"I mean you are going to Belleview Banquet to attend his wedding," He paused, "And Yeri never mentioned being friends with you or something so I thought you knew Jaehyun."

"Oh yeah, I- I am his best friend, Choi Hyun-Ae." You answered.

"Well, nice meeting you, Choi Hyun-Ae!" He cheered.

A heart beat passed.

Chanyeol cleared his throat and smiled down at you, before opening his mouth to speak, "I know you don't want to get stuck with me like this but hey, good news! We are almost near!"

Oh God, did you absolutely dread this.

"On a second thought," You rambled quickly, reaching out your hand to take a hold of Chanyeol's collar and pull his face near yours, "I don't wanna go to the wedding, take me anywhere else!"

You bet your weird request must have left him confused. Hell, the guy looked like he was questioning your sanity. You honestly expected him to snap at you or something and just ghost you then and there. After all, which sane person just suddenly declares they didn't want to go their best friend's wedding and would rather roam around with a guy they just met? You, that's who. Except you were questioning if you were really sane after all.

Chanyeol sighed and stopped in his tracks, biting his lips as he contemplated what you just asked. You. A stranger. Just asked him to ditch his cousin's wedding and take her somewhere else?! Why should he even agree to this?

Yerim was Chanyeol's favorite cousin and honestly, not going to her wedding would cost him greatly. He knew it might create a fight between the two but he could somehow make up for it, maybe throw the blame on you and act like he didn't have a choice? He didn't knew if that could work but it was worth a try. Plus, he didn't want to go to her wedding anyway, fake smiling at the camera, having to tolerate his good for nothing parents and all those plastic praises from his relatives. Compared to that, running away with a complete stranger sounded like a better option.

Yerim would understand, right?

With a positive answer in mind, He smiled down at the girl in his arms.

"Sure! Let me kidnap you for the rest of the day then."