𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐌 𝐏 𝐀 𝐆 𝐍 𝐄 𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐁 𝐋 𝐄 𝐌 𝐒 | 𝐂 𝐇 𝐄 𝐍 𝐋 𝐄

❝ c h a m p a g n e  p r o b l e m s ❞

c h a m p a g n e  p r o b l e m s

zhong chenle

HER STEPS were silent as she climbed her way up the stairs, making sure nobody caught her in the act for the consequences of that would be noted down in a nicely written dispatch article, possibly ruining more than one career in the blink of an eye. After all, this was South Korea, even being friends with the opposite gender meant being in a relationship with them, you couldn't possibly be friends with someone from the opposite gender without people suspecting you two to be lovers which was obviously bullshit. And as much as Hyeon hates it, this was how the society was, it expected you to be in a relationship with every single male [ and in men's cases, female ] you talk to, especially when you're an idol.

Seconds after only staring at the black aluminum door and spacing out did Hyeon notice that she had arrived at her desired destination. Standing straight, she tugged at her black coat to tighten it around her shoulders, something she does a lot when she is nervous before bringing up her right hand and pressing on the doorbell.

A part of her regretted it as soon as the loud 'ding' echoed through the apartment hallways, Hyeon knew she couldn't open up like he wanted her to so why was she even here? To waste his precious time? She should have never come here. Whereas the other part of her told her that this was for the best, she needed some comfort and someone to listen and that it was completely fine to let all her worries out and trust him completely and that he probably wouldn't mind her showing up in front of his apartment out of the blue. Well, Hyeon doubted that. Who wouldn't be disturbed if someone shows up in there premises out of nowhere with no solid excuse? Hyeon knew she would.

A faint "coming" reached Hyeon's ears before she heard the sound of the lock being clicked open and the door swung wide open, revealing the face of the person Hyeon wanted to see right now.

Zhong Chenle.

Chenle looked at her with amusement in his eyes, to say he was surprised would have been an understatement. He really did not expect Song Dae Hyeon, of all people, to appear in front of his apartment's door, looking like a fucking wreck. Mascara stains on her cheeks, hair all messed up, her nose red like Rudolph's probably because of crying too much and her cheeks were cold and blue. Her lips were chapped too and Chenle guessed that it was probably because she was abusing them with her teeth.

A worried sigh escaped his lips, what was he ever going to do with her? He threw a sympathetic look towards her before taking a hold of her arm and dragging her inside, closing the door shut because for sure, he didn't want some crazy sasaeng or a dispatch reporter to leak this news and make everything too complicated, the last thing both the involved parties needed was to get hated even more.

Chenle stood still, staring at Hyeon who had her back turned to him. For the first time, he was at a loss of words. For the first time, Chenle didn't know what to say to comfort someone and he always had at least something to say. Taking a deep breath, Chenle was surprised when the younger girl suddenly turned around and hugged him tightly, the air being knocked out of his chest as he coughed shyly, still not used to the reality of this situation.

"Why- just why am I always the villain?" Her voice cracked, a sob escaped her chapped lips. Chenle didn't know how to slay her demons and it haunted him, why couldn't he do anything for the girl he cared for so much? It made him feel useless. "You're not the villain, Hyeon." He managed to say, "You're Song Dae Hyeon, the leader of Hallyu Dreams and you . . . are an amazing leader." Chenle finished, whispering out the last part.

"No, I am not." Hyeon raged, pushing herself away from Chenle's warm body as she glared at him with teary eyes, "I am the bad guy, the one who makes them feel useless, my presence in the group is a burden to them. I keep on messing up, I fuck everything up! I am the loser that's stopping them from achieving what they deserve. I should have never debute-"

"No! Shh" Chenle whispered sharply, cutting her off as he cupped her cheeks in his palms, bringing his face close to her, "It's not your fault, it's never your fault."

"That's where you're wro-"

"Listen to me!" He hissed, "It's not your fault that people hate you for no solid reason, you have never done anything wrong. You have always been a backbone to the girls and they love you, trust me. I can see it in their eyes, they do. You put their popularity before yours and you comfort them, make them laugh. You're an amazing maknae and an even more amazing leader. Never doubt that. Your members wouldn't have chosen you as their leader for nothing, they saw that potential in you. And about messing up on stage, everyone does that! Even me, nobody is perfect and mistakes are bound to happen. Be wise and learn from it rather than weeping over it. Your fans love you and so do your members, you are an amazing artist, not just an idol so never doubt yourself, or put yourself down, especially because of some low life haters."

By the end of his long speech, Chenle was out of breath, surprised at himself for saying the things he had been wanting to make himself believe from the very beginning. He never thought he would voice it out loud, it almost fell like he was saying this to not only Hyeon but to himself too. It was amazing how confident he suddenly gets whenever this girl is around, it confused him.

". . . Thank you" Hyeon mumbled, closing her eyes and pursing her lips tightly as she felt the boy inching towards her before his arms engulfed her in a warm hug and Hyeon felt her heart beat picking up. Whatever feeling the both of them were experiencing right now was unfamiliar and new, they have never felt like this before, never held someone so close to them this intimately before.

What even was this?

"Song Dae Hyeon . . ." Chenle broke the silence, receiving a slow hum from the said girl. "Hmm, what is it?" Hyeon questioned.

"I think I like you."

----

Yes, another Chenle oneshot hehe, let me spam you with these cause I absolutely adore him! But the reason behind this oneshot is that I am going to release a new Chenle fic with the same name, Champagne Problems and this was sort of a teaser I guess? So yep, and anybody who is interested - like actually interested and not faking it - in reading it, can tell me down in the comment section !

Adios!

Note : Also, I am in LOVE with Yoon from StayC oof- I shall stop ✋

Also, the name Hallyu Dreams, got it from the internet cause I am not creative at all (:")