𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐞̀ | 𝐋 𝐄 𝐄 𝐊 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖

❝ t h a t ' s  s o  c l i c h è ;; ❞

t h a t ' s  s o  c l i c h è ;;

lee know

[ ʷʳⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ ⁱⁿ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ ᵖᵒᵛ ]

OKAY . . . so listen, had it not been for my really annoying younger cousin, my morning would have probably gone better -- I could have been walking home with my earphones plugged in as the songs on my personal playlist play on loop without having the whole neighborhood look at me like I was running around in a diaper with my four tails on display or something. But nope, how could I ever possibly have the luxury of enjoying life in peace when Pei Chan is still alive and walking ? Of course the bitch has to ruin at least something for me, or else his day won't be fulfilled.

The story started of like any other day, with me walking back home from school peacefully and undisturbed. But then suddenly, out of nowhere in outer space, a demonic screeching interrupts my mini - daydreaming session, i.e, my younger brother screaming "HYEON!" at the top of his lungs as he speeds towards me in his bicycle. My face was worth watching, the expression was priceless.

I did not know what this little biatch wanted but as he sped towards me in his F.I.V Edoardo Bianchi, I started running as I knew full well that if that cycle hits me, I will be spending the rest of the month in the hospital with a huge cast attached to my body.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING, PEI?" I screamed back.

"THIS IS PAYBACK FOR TELLING SUA THAT I PEED ON THE BED. YOU EMBARRASED ME IN FRONT OF THE ONE GIRL I LIKE." He screamed back.

Uh Oh. I completely forgot about that.

Two days back, Pei Chan brought his classmate and supposedly crush to home, because coincidentally, they were paired up together in a class project. Ah, my brother was living the y/n life. So as an older sister, it was my job to make Sua feel welcomed but because I couldn't possibly talk about barbie dolls, I told her about Pei Chan and I might have filled her up on in the little accident that happened the other night. Hey, in my defense, it was what I had to do to keep the conversation running and I didn't know that Pei was going to be this bummed about it.

"IN MY DEFENSE, I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO! PLUS, SHE THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE" No, she didn't but whatever floats his boat, "SO CALM DOWN AND STOP PEDDLING THAT DAMNED BIKE, I DON'T HAVE AN INTENTION TO DIE THIS YOUNG, YA KNOW?"

"FINE!" He drawled, "but I can't stop peddling the bike cause it's not in my control anymore, hehe."

Fuck.

"YOU SHOULDN'T BE LAUGHING-- YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU!" My yells and the foul language caught a lot of attention, including the attention of the cranky old lady that lives before us and thrash talks about me to the whole neighborhood- like doesn't she have any other job? I am not even that special or maybe I am, after all, she does talk about me even if it's for all the wrong reasons.

By the time, I decided to stop running and just jump on Mr. Smith's lawn to escape my cruel faith. Very luckily, I notice a red truck making it's way towards me from the behind. A very wretched red truck that I am hell bent on ignoring at every chance I get. Robby Barne's red truck.

Now, let me fill you up on who is this Robby Barne - school's delinquent, he is like one of those blonde, fat, rude kids who look like they poppped out of those teen disney movies and are here to potentially ruin your life at every chance. And I just so happen to be his biggest target, why? Because I broke the front windshield glass of his brand new Porsche which then got snatched away by his dad and now he is to drive around this rusty red truck.

I get it, he hates me and today seems like the perfect to kill me. I bet Pei Chan and him made some kind of deal today - though improbable, it is a possibility.

To make things more worse, an almost ethereal looking lad clad in dark blue denim jeans, a white bomber jacket and black T-shirt, his hair swiped backwards, exposing his forehead, sped towards me in his skaters, a terrified expression on his face and a huge, thin screened T.V in his hands -- as he shouts, "WATCH OUT PRETTY LADY!" . . . but it was already too late.

Mr. Handsome fell right in front of me, his nose almost touching my shoes as the T.V slid towards the other side of the road and slowly cracked open. The handsome stranger's followed the T.V and he winced, muttering out a "my T.V" in a low, dissapointed voice, followed by a grunt. I felt him, I know how much it hurts when your T.V breaks.

All this while, I was glad he didn't crash right into me and took me down with him for I was still standing, in one piece. My eyes followed Robby Barne's red truck, he gave me a nasty look before driving off.

"Look-" Mr. Handsome started, "I know we didn't make quite a good first impression on each other but can you at least help me up?"

"Oh uhm," An apologetic smile tugged at my lips as I helped him up. He was barely able to stand properly in his skaters as he gave me a little smile and went to pick whatever was left of the T.V.

By now, everyone had already returned to their individual works, some walking away as some shut their windows and doors and some carrying on with whatever they were doing. It was just Pei Chan, me and this handsome stranger.

"That was awkward," He chuckled, "My name is Lee Minho, I am your new neighbor." He said, pointing at the house we were standing in front of.

"Oh, nice to meet you, I am Hyeon." I said, extending my hand for a hand shake to which he gladly returned the favor, "Call me if you need any . . . help with that." I finished, pointing at the broken T.V.

"Oh, yeah I will." He smiled for the last time before walking towards his house, waving at us from a distance.

"Bro . . ." Pei Chan trialed off, riding his bike foward to face me, "THAT WAS SO CLICHÈ"

Yeah, whatever. At least something good came out of it.

[ Side note : This was inspired by a real life event, hehe. This was exactly how I met my neighbor, hence why it is written in first person p.o.v since it helps to convey the emotions better.

The rest and the ending is up to your imagination, you can think of their bond as friendly, romantic or familial, up to you :) ]