𝐏 𝐀 𝐘 𝐏 𝐇 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄 | 𝐆 𝐃 𝐑 𝐀 𝐆 𝐎 𝐍

❝ p a y p h o n e ;; ❞

p a y p h o n e ;;

kwon jiyong

JIYONG sighed for the millionth time today as he kept the telephone back, fiddling with the change remaining with him, thinking if he should spent the bits too.

But what for?

She wasn't picking up. She never will.

It was hopeless trying now, especially when he didn't once try calling her in all those times she waited back at home for him to call. Jiyong knew that, but he didn't know why he was trying either way.

Maybe it was the little hope that kept him going, maybe because deep inside his heart, he still had that little spark that the girl he loves will finally give in and pick up. Maybe finally he will be able to hear her honey dripped voice and his name slipping off her tongue smoothly.

Gosh, the thought of hearing her voice itself was driving him crazy.

Jiyong had rejected reality's wake up call, he wanted to drown in his dreams a little longer. He let his hopes take control as he dialed again.

Maybe, just maybe, she will pick up.

But it was just another 'maybe' that got lost in reality, the ringing sound of the telephone drowning in the harsh sounds of the rain outside. Jiyong sighed again, at least he wouldn't have to get drenched in the rain now.

Two years.

If Jiyong remembers correctly, it had been two years since he left. Since he left his home, his passion, his music, since he left everything, including her.

There romance was one every individual craves for, bittersweet, passionate, desireful, you name it. She found him in the ruins, smoke from the cigarette that was in his hold consuming his soul. She pulled him to her embrace, showed him what love is, cherished him, made him complete.

He broke her, made her fall in love just to break her heart, made her dream just to bring her back to the harsh reality. He ruined her, he did.

But not the way he ruined himself.

He should have called her.

He should have been by her side.

He should have listened.

He should have been patient.

He should have stopped her.

He shouldn't have let her go.

He should have loved her.

But he didn't and now, he is paying for the consequences with the changes remaining with him.

She now had someone better, someone who deserved her, someone who loved her. Someone who wasn't him. And Jiyong doesn't know why but a part of him was actually pretty glad for he knew it wouldn't have worked out either way, she was the sun and he was the moon, both came from totally different worlds and collided but it doesn't mean they were meant to stay together.

The telephone rang for the 7th time before it went silent, completely.

She didn't pick up.

Jiyong ran his hand through his hair, his lips tugging in a smile as he tried his best not to cry. A mirthless laugh escaped his lips instead.

Maybe now Jiyong should accept reality's wake up call.