Celebration

I am dressed in the most terrifyingly beautiful dress. The only thing I dislike about it is that it is not black. I don't actually think I have ever worn anything that isn't black. This is red. It barely covers my legs, and the front is pretty low. Sure, I know it looks attractive, I have Julian's eyes to thank for that. His gaze lterally cannot tear itself away from me.

God knows it's attractive. He does. I swear! I think it's to encourage the bond, to very slowly force us into each others intimate arms and produce a tiny, mostly useless baby. I am not up for this, so have to constantly move Julian's hand away from you know where. All the time. For a man raised by God he is missing a few manners.

I must say however, he is looking good tonight as well. The black suit and white shirt carefully work their way into his defined features. I feel cravings to leap on him, but those can definitely be pushed away for now. I have an audience that hates my father that I have to meet.

We enter the main hall, the giant room I was in earlier. It is still bright, Heaven always is. I spot the alcohol almost immediately, but having the knowledge that Julian doesn't know when to stop, gives me the will to prevent myself from becoming a hysterical drunken mess. I still have a few days before my eighteenth. The wedding day. Help.

Unlike in Hell, where you meet a variety of multi-headed and disfigured creatures, here, everyone looks almost normal. The way they died, whether it be from their head being chopped off, to falling off a mountain, is undone, they all look as they did before death and injury. Flawless. Unfortunately, a main hope for some is that they will finally be able to get rid of thier oversized/undersized eye, ear, nose ect. This is not going to happen. And plastic surgery isn't allowed up here. Too many faliures and the dead ask for the most ridiculous things sometimes.

I feel confident anyway. A short dress that could have me being seen as a prostitute down on Earth is acceptable up here. Besides, everyone knows I am to be married soon, so thier eyes conveniently stay up. I am introduced to a Mary. Sam. Lucas. Charlotte. Sebastian. And many others. They are nice, though when I meet Sean he seems a little to happy to inform me about his gruesome death involving an avalanche and cannibalism, and how he was delighted to be up here.

Julian socialises well. He knows the right things to say at the right time. To the old lady whose cat had passed away: 'it's nice to see he's up here with you but I do feel sorry for those back on Earth who will miss him'. I want to tell her that her cat hasn't stopped glaring at me for the past half hour.

'So Thana,' a woman begins, without feeling the need to contribute her name, 'How do you feel about the marriage?'

Instantly, silence. It was as if everyone in this room had been waiting for this moment to happen, for the talkative loud lady to ask the dreaded question. It had to happen.

Mustering as much happiness as I felt I could manage, I reply, 'It is beneficial for my father and the Lord, and I will gladly appreciate the right decisions making a better tomorrow'.

'But how do you feel about the marriage dear? Surely a young girl such as yourself must be bewildered by such reposibility?' I want to hit her. She couldn't be louder if she tried.

Julian cuts in, 'We both feel that it is a good decision,' and the audience is happy with that. They don't notice my minor twitch as Julian summarises our life plans. Our child, I hear I will be delighted when he or she is born. No, of course we have strong feelings for each other that arn't created by the bond. It's like we were soulmates, I learn. I feel crushed, slowly, inside.

"Excuse me," I mutter to Julian, and take off outside. Nobody is out here, and it gives me a chance to have a breather. Seriously, how does Julian act so relaxed about all of this? It's terrifying to think that I have to marry. Most eighteen year olds are out partying on earth, or studying. I'm going to be pregnant, and nothin I do or say will be enough to stop it.

"Thana?" I hear God appearing behind me. "Why did you leave?"

I would love to be truthful, and honest, and kinder to people sometimes, but now, my inner Satan is out. "Because I don't even like children, and your son is blabbing away in there over a future spawn of Hell and Heaven, which sucks. Only he doesn't have to have the child does he? No, Julian gets to sit there and take it easy, while i'm the one who has to carry a stupid, hellish nightmare around for months. If I want to leave, then I will".