River

It is almost mid-day before we make it to the river. A long oversized stream really, but it's the crossing road to Heaven. It could be seen as beautiful, with trees hanging over and ducks swimming along, but I notice the destruction the river has caused to the banks. I've never really been able to see the good things in life when there are so many bad things mixed in.

God, used to the route, quickly steps through the stream and enters Heaven, a faint moving screen that only those with permission may enter, obviously rushing in eagerness to get home. He may also be there to announce that I am coming, so the angels don't stress themselves out. I've only ever met them once, but they do seem to hold an eternal grudge against Satan. I get that he had a falling out and was eternally banished, but second chances should really be seen as a thing.

Both me and Julian cross. He takes the typical wade through approach, whilst myself, tasting the energy, leaps above the water. I pull out my second form, an angel and genty beat my wings across the gentle splashes the river creates. Being Lucifers daughter, my wings are clearly as dark as my soul, so black. Julian stares for the briefest of moments before I land in Heaven.

It is bright. Much brighter by Hell, and that place is covered in flames and the souls of the hated, which has got to be saying something. It's less like Earth, more of a strange village. Nobody who lives here is busy, impatient or angry. It's an eternal world, and if you want to enjoy it, you need to take it pretty slowly. I can see the fashions, varying from caveman (almost completley nude) to modern day Earth citizen. There are no elderly beings here.

I stare at the simple, yet perfectly arranged houses that the dead live in, it may be said. They are much more pristine than our home back in Hell, and I cannot yet decide if it annoys me that those below me are privileged to live in a nicer house than my own. Jealousy has always gotten the better of me.

Julian takes my hand, and I feel the pull. We make our way through the town. They don't stare too much, animals beign the exception. I may only get on with the hell hounds, and you have to summon those first, so I admit i'm not that much of an animal lover. Hell hounds are terrifying anyway.

God's house, not palace, is almost perfect. I have ever seen a place that seemed so open and welcoming. Last time I visited, I never got to see this magnificent structure, and Julian doesn't seem to appreciate it as much as he should, which I dutifully remind him of.

'It's very nice,' he replied.

Inside replicates the exterior. There is quite literally a fountain sprouting in the center, and the walls are carefully decorated in pretty drawings. I think Vincent Van Gogh may have even had a go. It is light, windows covering most areas of the ceiling, like a fancy shopping center.

'It's pretty fantastic,' I praise, something whch is very rare for me. Julian smiles and points around, giving me a pretty brief tour.

'Do you have alcohol?' I question the moment he brings up the kitchen. Julian nods and I am off on a pretty determined journey. If it wasn;t for his hand intwined with mine I may have actually made it, but instead, I end up kissing him again. It is both pleasurable and exciting. We could continue, but I hear God shuffling around near us, and break off. I am very happy to hear a slight groan from Julian.

'Sorry for interupting, but some of the public would love to be aquainted already'.

'Already?' We ask in unsion.

'Yes. You may want to change. The celebration starts in an hour'.