Talk

I give up. Really, I do. I can't escape, my own father is being horrible (though he is Satan so I guess it's his job) and Julian hasn't visited me in what feels like forever. I actually think I might be missing his company.

This is of course the moment he walks in. "Hi," he starts. 

I am so bored. "Hi Julian."

"Do you even care about me?" He bursts out. I can hear the anger and sadness in his tone. I think he's cracked. Before me as well. "I miss you so much, but you can't stand to be around me. I don't need any drugs for me to tell you I care about you Thana. I don't. And I don't care what my father and your father say, I'm not having you live in this room like this."

He drags a key from around his neck. There is no way he could have had it there the whole time. I would have found it by now. I watch in silence, slightly stunned, as he unchains me. It falls to the floor with a twinkling rattle. "You can go Thana," he shouts at me, tears in his eyes, "I can't stand the way you look at me, like I'm worthless-"

"You're not worthless," I blurt out before I even realise I mean what i'm saying. 

"You don't want me." He looks beautiful crying, like statues in the rain.

And I take two steps towards him and kiss him. For real. "I do Julian. But not like this."

When Satan comes in followed by God having heard the commotion, Julian decks his father on the jaw. I won't say what he said to him, but it was one of the most passionate things I've ever heard a furious and equally upset person say. 

Julian freezes for a moment, either catching his breath to continue is relentless verbal rampage or just to see what I look like (mildly amused- not many people get a good punch on the Holy man) so I point at my father, "You suck," I say, and set him on fire. I think I laugh for the first time in forever, but it's not the vengeance I feel good about. Okay, maybe just a little bit!