Party

The party is more of a discussion. A reminder that almost eighteen years ago two men made the decision to join the afterlife back together, therefore preventing the dead from swarming between both worlds and creating peace between communities.

I am the sole focus of this party, and will be until God arrives. It will be the second time I will meet him and his son, since the first time I was still coming to grips with the concept of marriage and tried to sever Julians' head. It is fathers favourite story to tell.

I have introduced myself to the guests. A pair of ghosts who implanted their souls into human bodies and are still learning how to control them, a lady who killed so many people in her lifetime that Satan himself couldn't bear to throw her into the molten ground. There were even a few mythological beings around, I thought I saw a unicorn being drained of blood by a group of pirates. Unicorn blood, of course, tastes disgusting. It's only purpose is to gain weight, which the Pirates seem to not be lacking in.

Lucifer appears behind me, beckoning for me to turn around. I can instantly tell he is drunk, a frequent occurrence in Hell. "'E's 'ere. 'De man of a happy death an' 'is spawn."

Loosely translates into, 'God and his son have arrived.'

I quickly shove my father out of the room and into a spare bedroom, slamming and locking the door from the outside. He can teleport himself out when he's sober.

I move back to the party room, ignoring Satan screaming out incomprehensible words with little meaning and look around to find the King of the happy afterlife.

I haven't seen him in a few years, and he in all likelihood won't remember me. I have grown up from a twelve year old since we last met. Spotting him in the corner of the room, I grab a shit of the nearest table, down it and stride over.

"Hello," he calls out to me. "You have grown, haven't you?" I would think I have.

"Yes."

"Have you spoken to Julian yet?" His accent is clear, like Lucifers.

"No. Not yet." Emotionless.

He motions swiftly to a blond haired boy chatting to the killer lady. I immediately feel a bond pulling myself to him. This wasn't there last time, but I was rather angry. I feel like I should be standing closer, or touching him, but I resist.

"Hello." He holds out his hand for me to shake, and I do so, feeling tingles under my skin.

Father has appeared, obviously sober. It doesn't take long. Alcohol burns itself off quickly in Hell.

"Sweet Jesus!" He calls, and God marches up to him before they hug. I am not sure if it was awkward for either of them or not.

Turning to me, "Thana, it's your husband!' Obviously he wasn't as sober as I had hoped.

I nod politely, noticing Julian, his name is, staring at me. "You really are a child of beauty," I hear him mutter, but I chose to ignore it. It's the bond our parents placed on us making him say stuff like that. To make us, a little more likely to get together.

Satan and God both wander off, chatting about something to do with what they were like.

Turning to Julian, I ask, "do you want to go somewhere away from them?" I gesture to our fathers and he nods.

We make our escape away from my now singing father, and climb the staircase in silence until we reach the balcony. From here, it is possible to see a line of daylight in the pitch black sky, where Earth begins.

I realise he is slowly advancing on me, sucked in by the bond. I remember Lucifer saying he would feel it more than I, since from where he comes from he will see love. I have only ever seen desire.

He kisses my cheek softly, before moving to my lips. I don't particularity feel like stopping him, since it feels good, so I let him continue for a few moments.

Julian moves to my neck, and I discover what desire may actually feel like. My thoughts are becoming cloudy, and I am losing control over my own actions. If we let this progress, I would end up pregnant by the end of the night.

This is enough for me to push him away, but when I go to do so, he pulls be back. Grabbing the sides of my dress, he pulls me into his body as I try to duck out to the side. Eventually, after a moment of slight struggling, I pull one of my least favourite moves on a man, and ram my leg straight into his jewels.

Her leaps away howling while I steady myself. I watch as his desire filled eyes glaze over with love, and eventually fade back to a light blue.

"What was that for?" He gasps out.

"I wanted to stop."

"You should have asked."

"You wouldn't listen though!" I feel my hair about to turn red in anger an quickly take a deep breath.

"I thought you liked it!" He is beginning to yell, and I feel, unnatural. Something was wrong.

"I did!" I felt unsteady, and grasped the balcony railing preventing me from falling.

"So why would you tell to stop?!" He yelled.

Spots of brilliant white light were beginning to dance in front of me and I began to fall. I saw him rush forwards and catch my body before it hit the ground. He was repeating his apologies over and over as I felt myself passing out. Hell went even darker than before, and I slipped away into a darker, thoughtless world.