Chapter 14

New upload schedule!!! Thanks for 20k!
----------------------------------------------

Philza's POV-

I know that her cogs were turning just before so I knew I was in for a ride. She seems to think deep into almost everything, so she probably got something out of the waking process the people here go through. She leads me into her room and grabs a notebook. "I need to write it down as I tell you, in case I forget, in case you forget. In case they make us forget."

I suppress a grimace at her words. I don't know what causes it but from time to time she speaks like this, sorta unhinged like. You just need to power through it and get it out of her system then she gets back to normal. "What do you mean 'they'?" I ask. She looks up at me, eyes wide and a grin on her face. "The creators of this world, the people who took our memories and put us here." I was taken aback. This is different from her usual unhinged words. "Elaborate please."

"Knowing more helped with the theory." She starts, writing rapidly. "From what I remember from my own awakening and what I heard from others, You wake up with just your name in a random location. Some locations are better than others, mine caused me to shy away from people. But the time thing he was talking about also fits into the theory."

"I can tie it all into when I woke up from that coma. Someone found me in a random location, which I believe I was put there because with my extensive injuries even after I healed, I couldn't walk. I was asleep for a while, sorta like the girl downstairs because the time keeps getting longer. I woke up with only my name just like an awakening. But the kicker is the only head injury I have is burns on my face. You need severe head trauma to develop amnesia."

She kinda made sense. The similarities were too apparent to deny it. "But you're getting memories back. No one here is getting theirs back." I questioned. "My theory is that they either were rushed or the second time doesn't really take." "But why would they?" I asked. Her grin grew. "I believe I got into something that got me in trouble. So they took advantage of the chaos of the festival to take care of me."

She looked at me. "You need to promise this is between us. The creators can't know what I'm thinking. I need to dig deeper, so don't be surprised if I disappear one day." I look at her concerned. "You're like my own daughter, I worry for you. Let me help you." She gave a laugh. "If I find something you could help with I'll let you, alright?" I gave a sigh. It's not the best but if I could help save her then I'll take it. "Alright." I said. She gave me a hug. "Thanks Dadza." She said. My eyes widened. I wrapped my arms around her and replied, "You're welcome my daughter."

She heads to her room with her notebook, probably to go over her theory again. I head downstairs as I hear noise. I walk into Eret and the girl talking, the girl clearly having just woken up. I kneel next to Eret. "Hello, I'm Philza, or just Phil, do you know your name?" She smiled warily at me. "I'm Captain Puffy, but I prefer just Puffy. But I can't remember much else."

Eret gave a deep laugh. "That's completely normal, we all went through the same thing but Phil here. He traveled here instead of waking up like us." She looked at me curiously. "I'm your guide to the land, so let's find out if you can walk then get going." She nodded at him and stood easily. Eret smiled and took her hand. "Let's head off. Bye Phil." I nodded at them and waved goodbye until the doors closed.

(Y/N)'s POV-

I was growing tired at my desk, my eyes barely open anymore. I settled down on my arms and finally closed my eyes and gave in. A white flash came and I saw Fundy turn to Eret. ¨We need you to hide something for us, or rather someone.¨ Eret looked perplexed. ¨Who needs to hide?¨ He asked. Wilbur nudged me and I peeked out from behind him. Eret quickly scanned over me. ¨You're new. Did you just wake up? Why do you need to be hidden?¨ I hid further behind Wilbur, startled by his attention. Wilbur shook his head.

¨People have been chasing someone in the forest for awhile now. We all kept thinking it was someone from the other side, but really it was her the whole time. Fundy spied on her without her running once so he knew it wasn't anyone we knew. So we went out earlier today and cornered her.¨

¨Thing is, she's scared of everyone. She thought people had claws and fangs. I still don't think she trusts Fundy. She has been out there for so long she can't speak either. We can't let anyone else find her and risk her hiding again, but we can't hide her at my place because people frequent it.¨

Eret nodded, seemingly deep in thought. ¨I can help hide her with Fundy. We can help her with her issues and take it from there. I can't promise I won't have visitors but I can promise that there will be hiding places and warnings.¨ Wilbur nodded. ¨That's perfect. I'll be checking on her from time to time, but I have other responsibilities.¨

Eret nodded and looked at me. He gave a smile. ¨I don't even have fangs like Fundy, and I swear if you look at my hands you will find no claws.¨ He held out his hands and I hesitantly walked out from behind Wilbur. I grabbed his hands and turned them over, prodded at his fingers and generally messed with them. After finding hands practically the same as my own, aside from the black nail polish, I smiled at him and he smiled back.

¨I guess she trusts me, so I'll trust her.¨ He reached up and took off his sunglasses. Underneath his eyes glowed white. I looked at them in wonder, I reached out to try and touch them before he grabbed my wrist. ¨No don't do that, that'd be painful.¨ I nodded before looking between him and the others. He was the only one with special eyes. I wonder what my eyes are like.

I pointed at my own, slightly bouncing on my feet. He gave a slight laugh. ¨Your eyes are like theirs. Just a (E/C).¨ I nodded, a bit sad. His eyes were cool. He laughed and put back on his glasses. I stayed by his side, showing Wilbur that I trust Eret. He nods and bids us farewell. I wave after him until he is out of eyesight.

Eret turns to me. ¨So, shall we start with a bit of school?¨