Chapter 25

Nightmare's POV-

I wiped the dirt off my pants from the rough landing then made my way back on top of the wall. Tubbo looked at me furiously by the time I got back up. "Phil is a L'Manberg citizen! You have no authority over him to do that sort of thing!" I looked at the child president calmly. "Tommy is no longer a part of your nation, he is under our authority. Therefore when Philza was trying to interfere with our work with him I had the full rights to keep him out of it. I advise you to tell your citizens to not interfere again." "What'll you do if I don't?" He asked a bit hesitantly.

I gave a chuckle. "You see, while Dream is gone I'm the new leader of the greater Dream SMP. And the only person I'm working with is someone you're very familiar with. Does the name Eret ring a bell?" They looked shocked at me, I mean what do you think would happen when our leader had greater responsibilities? And though it wasn't my intention, having L'Manberg's first traitor as my greatest confidant is just rubbing salt on the wound.

They seemingly had no more words for me so I cleared my throat. "I have to go to Eret's castle for now, but I'll be back tomorrow." I saluted as I stepped backwards and slid down the outside of the wall. "And don't worry! I'll send someone over to take down the walls, as promised!" I shouted back up before making my way to the castle. I know George is our king, but he just took over Eret's castle and built his own throne. He won't last long and he isn't a good king, Eret always had my vote.

I make it to the castle and see Punz leaving. "Punz, just the man I was hoping to see. Are you done moving my boxes?" I asked. He nodded. "Just finished, Eret put you in a bedroom near his throne room." I nod in thanks before bringing up what I was looking for him for. "Are you busy for the next hour or so?" He thought for a moment before shaking his head. I crossed my arms across my chest. "Can you ask for some people to start getting rid of the wall around L'Manberg? And also tell everyone to meet here around 8 tonight." He gave a quick nod before we said quick goodbyes and I headed inside.

I headed to the throne room and saw Eret going through some papers. "Hey Eret. What are you up to?" He smiled at me as I relaxed around him and took off my mask. "Nothing much Nightmare, George said since I'm staying at 'his castle' I can help with some of his kingly duties, but I honestly think the guy doesn't know what to do. Dream appointing him was a bad decision, no offence." I smiled at him. "None taken. To be honest I fully agree, he hasn't stayed neutral and is giving you all the work. The main reason we needed him on the throne has passed so I see no issue in appealing to my brother so that you can become our king again."

He gave me a thankful smile. "Thanks Nightmare. Now can you tell me what happened in your meeting or should it wait until you tell the others?" "I can tell you now. Preferably you as my confidant shouldn't be surprised and be able to help with the public address." I replied. He nodded and I suggested we talk in my room while I unpacked and he obliged.

I sat on the floor near my boxes while he sat against the door. I start unpacking the first box of clothing into the dresser as I begin to recap the events from earlier. "Tubbo decided it was best to exile Tommy from his nation, which is good for him for making the right decision but it was hard on everyone there. Tommy, Fundy and Quackity apparently had a plan to involve Technoblade and fight us but obviously that didn't work out. There was a lot of yelling back and forth, Tubbo was compared to Schlatt by Fundy, me and Dream just stood there and watched the chaos unfold." I moved onto the second box of clothes.

"Eventually Tubbo asked Dream to escort Tommy out of his country and my brother dragged him away. Then Phil was trying to go after him so I tackled him mid air and pinned him on the ground. Made a few threats you don't need to know about but they worked. Tubbo said I had no right to do that and I said that since Tommy is now our responsibility anything involving him is my business as the stand in ruler of the greater Dream SMP. Currently though Punz is asking for people to start taking down the wall and also spreading the message of a meeting here at 8pm."

Eret nodded slowly, seemingly deep in thought. I finally got to the bottom of the box with my "do not read" notebook and the key I used to lock it in it's drawer. "Hey Eret, do you have something I could lock this in to keep it safe?" He looked up for a moment before his body language stiffened. "Where did you get Ranboo's notebook?" He asked. I looked at him curiously before replying. "This is the notebook that (Y/N) gave me to write down the memories she shows me. I've never really spoken to Ranboo before, if not in passing." He looked at the book curiously.

"Can I perhaps see what's in it?" I thought for a moment before shaking my head. "There's some things that we don't want you to know about.  This book contains some of that so I'm sorry but no." He nodded his head in understanding. "So be it. But to answer your question there's a safe built into the wall of the closet. It has a key that's on top." I nodded before taking both the notebook and my key necklace into the closet. I set the notebook down in the safe before locking it with the key that was on top and putting it on the necklace with the other key.

I came out shortly afterwards and started work on my box of armor and weapons. Those I properly stored away in my closet all while Eret was observing me while humming a song. Once that was done I just put the 4th box in the bottom of the closet, it's just misc items so I don't need them all unpacked. I turned back to Eret at last and he stopped humming. I resecured my mask before saying, "Well we better get ready for guests. They'll be here in 2-3 hours, and we know George isn't going to clean the castle." He nodded and we headed out of the room together.