Chapter 16

Philza's POV-

After Eret and Puffy left I sat on the couch and thought. I couldn't tell Techno, I couldn't betray her trust like this. But if what she says is true then this changes everything. If someone put all these people here then what is their purpose? Am I in danger from being a stray piece in their puzzle? I sigh and rub my face, I need to get my mind off this before it becomes a new hyperfixation.

I pick up a book and read on my couch while I just lose track of time, until I hear heavy steps on the stairs. I knew it was just (Y/N), but she sat down really heavily and sighed besides me. I marked my book and looked towards her curiously. I started with, "I thought more about the idea that you had while you took your nap." She looked at me curiously before responding with, "What idea?" I looked at her warily and was concerned."About your coma, Connor and your dreams."

She thought for a few moments before shaking her head. "Is Connor the guy they found? Where is the girl?" She asked. I rubbed my nose in frustration. "Yes and the girl's name is Puffy and she's on a tour." I said. She nodded and went to stand up, but I grabbed her wrist. "Do you not remember this morning?" I asked, desperate. She looked at me blankly and monotony said, "I just woke up, I slept in late." I released her from my hold and she left the house promptly after.

I sighed worriedly. If she was right, then things just got a whole lot more complicated. I went up to her room and opened the door. It looked the same as always except for the messy desk. I walked up to the desk with the intent to tidy it up, when I saw the notebook that she was writing in earlier. The notebook she wrote in to make sure she didn't forget. I looked at the marked up pages and the green pen lying outside of the cup. I flip to the last page and see a familiar looking smiley face. I heard a noise behind me and quickly rolled out of the way.

A netherite axe buried into the ground where I once stood and I looked up to see an all too familiar mask. "No matter how hard I try," He starts as he puts the blade against his shoulder. "She always finds out, it's truly fascinating. Is it not?" I take out my own sword while I can. "No matter how much I go in her brain and get rid of information, she learns it again and again and again." He lunges at me and I duck around him, closer to the door. "It's so annoying!!!" Dream exclaims.

"And you and the new guy are a spare and a wrongly shaped piece. He wasn't supposed to be here and was chipped and sent anyways, he hacked into our databases and changed one name for another. And you." He turned my way and backed me into the hallway. "The spare piece, (Y/N) wasn't supposed to escape me, Skeppy has already been cursed for the future for his actions, and she got you. An unexpected opponent in my little game of chess." We were now by the steps, weapons drawn and ready. "No chip, all your memories, even memories about people here! I can't get in your head, like when people here die and become ghosts. Ghosts get their own memory loss, but you really piss me off."

He jumped at me and I swiftly rode the banister down the steps and bursted into the back yard, him swinging at me the whole way. He followed me and quickly switched to his crossbow to try to take me down quickly. I swiftly dodge and dive into a boat in the water and quickly get away. I look back and see no figure on the shore. I look around and see nothing, I take this opportunity to grab my compass. I know where to hide for now, I'll return to bring (Y/N) to safety, then I'll go back prepared. But how will I get her to leave me? I don't want to do my plan, but I have to.

I follow the needle until I come upon a snowy area where I then travel on foot until I stumble upon a stone brick house. I see his horse outside and just know the compass led me to the right place. I quickly go up to the door and rapt on it until Techno opens it. I collapse into his arms in exhaustion and relief. "Phil? What happened to you." I look at him and give him a grimace. "We have things to discuss, we have to save (Y/N)."

He led me inside and I sat on his bed. I know they haven't talked or even seen each other in awhile so I didn't know if he'd help her, but I hope he'd help me help her. He crouched down in front of me and took my hands into his, rubbing the callouses. "Tell me what happened Phil." Is all he said.

"I don't know what will happen to you when I tell you, it has already gone wrong once before. Are you sure you're up to being in a whole different type of danger." He smiled at me. "You are my best friend and (Y/N) and I were once friends. I owe her for what happened, I'm up to any danger." I looked into his eyes, now behind glasses rather than his mask, and saw no lies. I sigh and say, "(Y/N) had theories, theories from before she lost her memory. She believed that those conclusions were what caused the memory loss, it was like an awakening and she has no head injury."

"What do you mean believed?" He asked. I grimace at the memory of her this evening, a seemingly almost clean slate, that blank look and monotone voice. "After she told me her theories while writing it all in a book she fell asleep at her desk. She woke up thinking she didn't wake up any time earlier today. She didn't have any theories and ended our conversation with a monotone voice and a blank look." He grimaced. "That doesn't sound good." He stated. I gave a hollow laugh. "That isn't even why I'm like this Tech."

"I went to her room and found the book, every word was crossed out and there was a smiley face at the end. I turned around to an axe being swung at my face. Dream was there. He said how no matter what he did she always had the theory. How she was never supposed to leave and find me. How I'm an extra piece and a new guy was a misshapen one. Finally how they're doing the memory wipes, there's a chip implanted in your head before you awaken here. Since I didn't awaken here, he can't do that to me. But he can do it to you." I look at him warily, him now understanding the danger.

"Phil." He said looking me in the eyes. "It seems memory wipe can only occur while asleep. So I ask you to stay awake with me to find and break this chip in my head. Then, there's no danger of that and we can help (Y/N) and maybe even break hers." I look at him, eyes on the base of his skull. "I think I know where to start."