Chapter 21

Nightmare's POV-

I open up the cover to the first page, the only thing written so far being ":(". I write the first entry. "(Y/N) was asked to talk by President JSchlatt after he sent Tubbo after Tommy and Wilbur. They struck a deal, (Y/N) would intergrain herself in everything while still being loyal to Manberg. She would spy on them to help keep Schlatt as president, all while 'spying' on Schlatt for whoever asked her to. She in return was protected from the people who put her here, the foundation me and Dream are a part of. That means JSchlatt somehow was connected to the foundation to be able to provide that protection. (Y/N) promised they would be toppled from the inside and all that remains would be Manberg."

I closed the book and put it back in the drawer, seeing a key on the tabletop and a lock on the drawer. I locked the drawer and put the chain the key was on around my neck. Satisfied with how I followed her directions, I finally got dressed and ready for the day, we had another meeting regarding Tommy. I lastly slipped on my mask and headed out. Dream was at the table eating toast, next to him a plate of pancakes. I smiled and hugged Dream, whose mask was now off showing our matching eyes.

"Thanks Dreamy." I said sitting in my seat and taking my mask off as well. "You're welcome 'Mare." We ate our breakfast in silence and put on our masks before heading over to the meeting room that was built on the holy lands to avoid conflict. We headed inside last, we were the only representatives of the Dream SMP. We sat down side by side and faced the president, Tubbo. He cleared his throat and we started figuring out what to do with Tommy.

Tubbo presented Tommy's entrees to us and asked for him to just be on probation for 2 weeks and for us to take down the walls. "But what's going to stop him from just doing something like this again?" Dream asked. "Then he would no longer be my vice." He replied. Not the answer we need, yet. We reluctantly agreed and as we were leaving Tommy, as predicted, lashed out. He talked about how we could do nothing to him because he could just burn spirit. "Now you're gonna start breaking this wall, now." Dream hesitantly started to break obsidian, but I pushed him to the side. I rebuilt what he destroyed and built that section of the wall up. I was getting shouts from the L'Manbergians. I turn to face them.

"We don't give a shit about spirit! We want your discs!" I could tell my brother agreed with me as he joined me on top of the wall. "If Tommy is not exiled by this friday, 2 days from now, then I will build these walls to the sky and set up patrols. No one goes in, no one comes out." Dream said. We came back down as Tubbo was muttering something like, "No, I can't do that to Tommy." Dream got up in his space. "Fine, then give me the disc Tubbo." Tubbo's eyes widened. "No, don't do it Tubbo. I gave you that disc because I trusted you." I stood next to Dream. "You have 2 days. Either Tommy is exiled, or you enter a fight you cannot win." With that Dream and I walked off.

Once we were out of sight we sped up to go meet up with the rest of our nation. In the community house we had, our king figurehead Eret, Punz the standing leader if something were to happen to Dream and myself, the mute Callahan, and the rest of our citizens and friends, Hbomb, Ponk, Sapnap and George. They await the news from our meeting with New L'Manberg in silence.

Dream starts. "We had come to terms, but shortly afterwards Tommy acted out, as he does. He threatened me to take down the obsidian walls but then Nightmare stopped me and built it back and then increased the size." I nodded and continued. "I told the L'Manbergians that we did not care about spirit, we wanted the discs. We said that if Tommy was not exiled in 2 days time, then we would build the walls to the sky and not let anyone in or out." "Tubbo didn't want to, so I gave him an ultimatum." Dream paused for dramatic effect. "If he didn't exile Tommy, he could either give me the disc or fight a war he could not win."

There were mixed reactions throughout the crowd. Eret seemed strange about the situation while the main group, as in the Dream team, knew this was a great idea as any. Everyone else was either indifferent or concerned and knowing to keep their mouth shut. Dream went to his team to discuss more details of our overall plan while I knew my mission. I needed to go retrieve Phil. We didn't want him to miss the festivities now would we?

I put on a heavy red coat under my cloak and switch my normal fingerless glove out for a warmer pair of fingerless winter gloves/mittens (The type with a pocket the folds over tour 4 fingers and the thumb is not fingerless). I put on a crimson red scarf and quickly make sure I still have my key. I nod confirming that I'm fully prepared and grab my sword and head out.

On my way to the portal however I encounter a strange character, a certain ghost. "Hello I'm Ghostbur. Are you new around here? You remind me of Dream." I patiently turn to the forgetful ghost. "I'm Nightmare, Dream's sister. I'm not new around here, but I just got more into my role in the greater Dream SMP." He nods, taking the answer. "Where are you going dressed like that? Do you want some blue?" I cross my arms over my chest, growing impatient but knowing I have to be cautious with ghosts.

"I'm going to bring Phil back home, and I'm fine without any blue." He simply put the strange crystals back into his pockets. "Can I come with you?" He asked. I contemplated. If he comes and things get violent then he could get in the way, but if everything goes as planned then he should be fine just coming along. I could even leave him outside the house if need be. "Sure you can tag along. But I'm on a mission, just a quick in and out, got it?" He nodded along. We stepped into the heat of the nether, not bothering to take off my cold gear knowing it'd be a quick in and out.

We walked the paths to Techno's portal in mostly silence other than Ghostbur's occasional idle chatter. We emerged into the cold and I immediately set down the path me and Dream walked before, Ghostbur floating behind me looking at everything curiously. We eventually came upon the hut and Ghostbur excitedly went up to the door. He waited for me to join him there and I knocked on the door. We heard shuffling until Phil opened the door. "Hey Phil!" Ghostbur exclaimed excitedly. He smiled at his son and gave me a mixed reaction. I know he thought of me as basically a parasite but I'm his greatest hope of getting his basically daughter back.

"I'm here to take you back to New L'Manberg, Dream's orders. We have festivities happening in 2 days time you need to attend." Phil gave me a firm nod before retreating back inside, presumably to say goodbye and grab his things.

He came back out with his bag and nodded to me. "Let's get going." I nodded and we started on our way back. "By the way Phil, we had your house cleaned and (Y/N)'s stuffed packed while you were gone. Thought you would appreciate coming back to a clean house." I expected gratitude but he just gave me a tight smile without a word. I don't know how the woman can stand his company, but I just need to deal with him until I can free her.

But do I even want her free in the first place? There's only room for 1 in this body and seeing how she is now I don't want to end up like that. But this isn't my body, is it? I don't remember any other but it feels wrong, all but one thing.

I may not want her free.

Because if that dream was true.

And future ones follow the same path.

Well....

She might be a bigger monster than me....