Chapter 20

Nightmare's POV-

I need to head back now, I can tell him that Phil will be back within the week and I need to attend the trial Dream just messaged me is set for a half hour from now. I resecure my mask and wave goodbye as I step out into the cold once more. I travel back to the SMP with a sense of urgency, excited to see the plan fall into place. I climb into the sky and walk the bridges to the courthouse. I step inside to see people stop at my presence. They weren't doing the trial yet, just setting up. But most people don't know about me because I came recently.

I walked to my brother and stood by his side, he rubbed his hand on my hood to ruffle my hair. I smiled under my mask. Once the trial was commenced I was called to the stand. I looked at the citizens mainly of L'Manberg and introduced myself. "I'm Nightmare. I was the witness of Tommy's crime." Tubbo nodded at me. "Give us details and I'll ask the accused if this is true." I nodded at the child president.

"Tommy was messing with the king's chests in his new home. Hiding the chests and moving items." Tubbo looked to Tommy who was denying it with all his might. He looked to me before he flipped a lever, 2 more left. I continued, "He then set a fire to perhaps burn an item or just because. But that fire spread to the roof and burnt it quite a bit before he finally put out the fire." Again denial and another lever flip, 1 more. "He walked away saying it was the perfect crime. This is an act of treason to our nation, burning our king's home."

Tommy finally broke and admitted it after some evidence in the home pointed to Ranboo. He took all the blame just as I'd hoped. "I find the accused, guilty." Tubbo flips the final lever and the floor opens to lava. Tommy is quick to water bucket. "What the hell Tubbo!! I admitted." I shook my head at his comment. It was decided he'd be on probation and report daily to Fundy until the meeting in a few days to find a more permanent solution. But until a more permanent solution is given and Tommy is back in line, the walls stay.

Though this isn't the end result we're shooting for, this is just the beginning, and knowing Tommy the plan will fall right into place without much persuasion. I leave with my brother while the people of L'Manberg goes their separate ways, I can hear the child's complaints from here. Dream turns to me and asks, "What happened at Techno's?" "Philza was still there but said he's returning to L'manberg within a week." I reply. He nods and we head back to the community house.

I settle down to bed, taking off my mask and changing into pajamas. I curl up under my covers, wondering if I'm gonna see her again tonight. As my eyelids fall I relax into the mattress and surrender myself to the world of dreams. I don't see her but I can hear her. "I don't want to do this to you, but in order to achieve our goal you must know what I've done" I don't know what she means until it seems like I was plunged underwater.

After a few moments I feel myself resurfacing and see a scene before me. It's her on the stage along with some others. She's standing next to Tubbo. "Tubbo. I want you to hunt them down and show them the door." A goat man says. Tubbo looks really nervous but reluctantly nods his head and says, "Yes, Schlatt." He rushes off towards the woods and Schlatt motions her forward. "(Y/N)." He starts. "I've come to learn you're a citizen of my nation, yet a friend of everyone." She nods. He gives a laugh before sharing a look with Quackity. "Then I have a very special job for you, as your new president, as the person you pledge yourself to if you accept." She looked at him with a hard look and now I can see her brilliant (E/C) eyes and unscarred face.

"I need you, (Y/N) (L/N). I need you to be a spy for me, a phycological bodyguard per say. Intergrain yourself in the DreamSMP, the Badlands, JackManifold Land and whatever Wilbur and Tommy get themselves into. I give you full permission to 'spy' on me in return for their trust. Then report back to me anything and everything that could endanger my position or my country. Do you think you can do that for me?" She looked Schlatt in the eyes and her smirk showed her teeth.

"I can do that easily, but what would I get?" He smirked at her. "Clever girl. I can provide you protection from the forces in our world, the people who put us here, for as long as I shall live and you keep helping me." Her smirk grew. "Then you have yourself a deal President JSchlatt. They will be toppled from the inside and all that will be left standing is Manberg." They shook hands before I sank underwater again. "Tell no one." I hear. "You will find a red notebook on the desk. Write everything I show you in that notebook. When I'm finally free from these chains I hope to right these wrongs. Even if it costs my life."

Her voice fades out and I wake up. The first thing I do, even before the mask, is go to my desk. I open the main drawer and find a red notebook like she said. I pick it up and turn it over to the cover. In black text it says "do not read"