Chapter 1: Beginning in the New World

Shelby's POV

I stand in the centre of the structure, I haven't moved from here the entire day, I'm so nervous of what is out there. The sun is setting. Everybody left here 5 hours ago.

"Okay... you've got this Shelby..." I mumble to myself as I put a potion of healing into my backpack, along with 2 golden apples and 2 slices of cooked steak. I need to be brave.

I walk across the bridge and start making my way to the actual land itself, lodging my backpack over my shoulders. I climb the hill, grabbing onto rocks that stick out of the ground to pull myself up it. My feet help me to grip on as I continue to climb higher until I reach the top of the hill. I could have gone up the path, but I didn't notice it at first.

I reach the top and look around. The sun is almost down on the horizon. "Shoot..." I mumble. I start digging my hands into the side of the hill so I can hide. I didn't want to know what was out here at night. I imagined it would be similar monsters to what I have in my home world, but there could be more that I don't know about.

Eventually, I dig a big enough hole and I climb in and hide. The moon is pretty much all the way over the horizon now, and I can hear some creatures spawning. I take a deep breath as I sit down, wrapping my arms around myself. It seems like it gets a little cold at night here.

I hear a ding on my bracelet, so I look at it and see that Scott had asked me a question.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Smajor1995: Are you next to spawn, Shelby?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I take another deep breath as I tap on the crystal, bringing up a translucent chat screen. I start putting in a message back.

---------------------------------------------------------

ShubbleYT: I'm hiding in a hole since I don't have a house yet :(

---------------------------------------------------------

"I don't wanna die!" I laugh out, scared for my ONE life, "I just got out of spawn!".

A few moments later, Scott replies to me.

-----------------------------------------------

Smajor1995: There is a button to set it to daytime at spawn haha

-----------------------------------------------

"Oh" I mumble. I had completely forgotten about that button already. I peer out of the hole and look to spawn, it'll just be a quick run, but it means I'll need to go down the hill again. I could just jump into the water from here though. I start typing a message back to Scott.

--------------------------------------------------------

ShubbleYT: Okay, I'm making a run for it

-------------------------------------------------------

I take a deep breath before climbing out of the hole and jumping down from my vantage point and into the water while humming an intense tune to try and distract my scared brain.

I drop into the water after snapping my mouth shut so I don't accidently swallow any, and then swim up to the surface, pulling myself onto the little island that holds the white structure. I take deep breaths as I pull myself onto my feet and rush up the two steps and over to the button.