Chapter 7: Exploring the Nether (Part 2)

Shelby's POV

We continue our way across the fortress walls. "I wanna find some chests, because that's where you get horse armour and stuff. I have a saddle, I just need to find a horse" I tell him. He nods, "Me too, honestly".

I hear noises, making me look around, "What is that?".

"There's a magma cube over there" he says, looking over. I look over at where he is looking, and I see it. We decide to head a little further into the fortress. We reach the end of this hallway, and through the fences of the wall, I see a chest. "There's a chest!" I say, pointing to it while mining out the wall.

Scott sees it, "Here, I'll get this one, there's another one on the other side of the wall on our right" he says. I nod and start mining the nether brick on the right wall. I soon mine a hole big enough for me to get through and I open the chest. Inside, I could see 2 gold swords, a golden chestplate and 5 netherwart.

"What did you get?" I shout over.

"Oh, there's a diamond in here. There's also a saddle and some golden horse armour. Can I take the saddle, and you take the horse armour?" he questions.

"Sure!" I reply, going back over after putting the golden materials into my backpack again. The swords also shrink down, so that's good.

Scott hands the horse armour to me and I watch as it shrinks down, so I put it into my backpack. My bag will be pretty full by the time we're done here. "Can I keep the diamond?" Scott questions, holding it up.

I nod with a big smile, "Of course. Here, you can also have some netherwart to grow" I speak while handing 3 netherwart over to him.

"Oh, thank you" he smiles, taking it.

"Friendship!" I grin, putting my hands on my hips.

He chuckles, "Look at us sharing and being responsible!".

We head along the next hallway, leading us towards a staircase. We head up them, "This fortress is so weirdly set up" I point out, holding my bow in my hands, just in case there's a wither skeleton or a blaze around the corners.

"Yeah. I also like that I decided to go with you because we see chests and we're like 'I'll give half of this to you'" he points out. I grin with a nod. I like Scott, he's really nice. I can see us being really good friends in the future.

"Oh, there's 2 chests up here!" I say, walking to the end of the short hallway, Scott jogging after me. I open the one right in front of us, while Scott opens the one on the right. Inside the chest I opened, I see a gold ingot, diamond horse armour, gold horse armour, a saddle, and an iron ingot.

"Ooh, here, you can have this" Scott says, walking over to me with another set of diamond horse armour.

"Oh" I smile, taking it, "Here you can have this!" I say, handing him the diamond horse armour that I found.

"Oh-" he says. We both start laughing. "I'm like, 'Well, I'll be the good guy, it's fine'" he says.

I laugh lightly. We head around for a little bit more before finding ourselves back on top of the fortress.

"You know what I was thinking about the other day? Like, we know that if we don't get out the first portal, we have to defeat the ender dragon" he says.

"Mm-hm" I hum.

"It involves killing lots and lots and lots of enderman..." he points out, "Which are dangerous, probably MORE dangerous in this world".

"Yeah..." I trail, now nervous, "I don't know how that's going to go...".

"I'll just be like 'sorry, I'm not feeling well, I'll just stand by where the portal will open. Have fun though!'" he jokes. I giggle.