Chapter 10: Shelby's Task (Part 2)

Shelby's POV

I peer outside of my home, taking a deep breath. I'm going to feel horrible for doing this... but I need to. At least I can be at peace knowing it's not her ACTUAL head... right?

No, it still feels horrible!

I take another deep breath before walking out, closing my door behind me as I step off of the pressure plate. I begin walking through the cherry blossom trees, making my way back the way I came from.

I'll probably end up running into everybody else on the way there. My headache has gone away, so that's good. I can concentrate again.

My eyes wander the forest as I continue walking. Cherry trees were found VERY often in my home world, at least for a while, until people started knocking them down. I took it upon myself to find as many saplings as I could and begin planting them again, making a new cherry tree forest.

Who knows... maybe it'll be fully grown by the time I can get back home? It's possible.

After about 10 minutes, I find myself getting closer to the lake... ocean thing. I can see the boat I made sitting on the shoreline, so I hop in and begin rowing myself along the ocean waves. I must have forgotten to pick it up.

It took about 10 more minutes to get to the other side of the lake, but when I did, I immediately hear the voice of my friends. I gasp and hide behind a large boulder, after picking up the boat and putting it into my backpack (It shrunk down, of course).

"I hope Shelby's okay, she looked as if she got that headache out of nowhere" Sasha states as they all walk by.

"Maybe it's just stress from losing 2 people in 2 days?" Britt questions.

"Possibly" Scott mumbles. He seems a little out of it.

I hear them all start to place boats down in the water.

"Should one of us go check on her once we get back to the village?" I hear Caff question.

"I don't think she would want to be bothered. I know Shelby, and usually when she gets a sore head, or she feels under the weather, she likes to go to sleep for a few hours, or just stay at home for the next few days" Dylan says. I'm glad he remembered that. I'm not going to be home if one of them were to go and check on me.

"Fair enough" Kyle states.

"Yeah, I think we should just leave her to it for now, maybe we can check on her tomorrow morning" Scott states.

"Sounds good to me" I just hear Yammy say as they all fade into the distance.

I start walking along the grasslands, climbing up a few hills on my way.

Suddenly, I pause, realising something. How am I going to get to Caff's house without somebody seeing me? And even if I do manage, they might look at the radar on their bracelets and see that I'm there.

I'll figure it out once I get back.

(Time skip)

I look down at the graveyard from the top of the hill. Well... it's now or never I suppose.

I begin walking down the path, looking around. I really should have been paying attention, for as I get halfway down the path, I stumble over a rock, and I go tumbling down the rest of the hill, rolling at least 6 times before reaching the bottom, my side hitting the tree. I lay there, face down in the dirt for a few seconds, contemplating life, and everything that just happened.

"I deserve that..." I mumble into the grass. I raise my head and look at my arms. Yep, I scratched myself up a little. I look at my wrist to see that I am 1 and a half hearts down.