Chapter 11: Exploring with the New Girl

Shelby's POV (2 weeks later)

A few things have happened over the past couple weeks. A few days ago, 2 new people had been sent to this world in replacement of Netty and Vicki. I haven't spoken to them yet, but they were added to the communication bracelet, so that's good.

As far as I know, their names are Cheri and Salem.

Well, I say that I haven't spoken to them yet, I actually spoke to Cheri earlier this morning since she was talking about going caving today. I offered to go with her, since there is a cave right by my house that I haven't really gone into yet.

Scott had shown both of the new girls around since he happened to be at Spawn to visit Netty and Vicki's grave's when they arrived.

Aside from that, I finally got fully enchanted diamond armour. There was also an incident with the Mystery Man. I think he may have been following me around, obviously invisible, but he dropped a sword, and I got a large cut on my arm. Scott was with me when it happened, so he gave me a golden apple to get my health back up and heal the wound a little.

That was a whole thing haunts my dreams now.

Caff found the sculpted head of Netty above his door; he spent the entirety of last week trying to find out who did it. I don't think he knows it's me yet though.

Anyway, I should probably get ready to go. I've to meet Cheri at Yammy's house, which isn't that far thankfully.

(Time skip)

After walking for about 5 minutes, I see Yammy's house. Cheri is waiting for me to connect to the bracelet so we can talk. I click 'accept call' on her name, and I begin speaking, "Hello!" I greet as I continue walking up to the house.

"Oh, hello!" Cheri greets through the bracelet.

Arriving at the front of the house, I see Cheri in the upstairs window. "Oh my gosh, you're in diamond" she says, "Well then...".

I giggle and walk inside. Yammy must be out right now.

As I walk inside, Cheri comes down the stairs. "Oh wow, Yammy is nice wallpaper" I say, looking at the floral pink wallpaper.

"Oh, it's Vicki's" Cheri says.

My eyebrows raise, "Did Yammy steal it from Vicki's house?" I question.

Cheri nods, "Must have, it's the same wallpaper that I saw in Vicki's old house when Scott was showing me and Salem around" she says.

I chuckle. "So, what's the plan?" Cheri asks as she follows me outside of the red house.

"Well, there's a cave right in front of my house that I haven't done much exploring of, so we could start there" I suggest.

She nods, "Sure".

"Actually, before we go, has Scott told you everything? About why you're here?" I question.

"He told me that you were all sent here out of nowhere, and that you have one year to survive here. A portal will open at the spawn structure on May 14th of next year, but those who don't get through will have 3 days to fight the ender dragon, and if they fail to do so, they are stuck here forever, right?" she says.

I nod, "That's pretty much it, you DO know that you were sent as a replacement of Vicki, right?" I ask her.

She nods, "Yeah...".

I let out a breath. There's still 11 months to go. What date is it?

I look at my bracelet and see that it is June 9th at the moment. Poor Netty and Vicki only lasted a week and a half. I truly hope they are in a better place now.