Chapter 6: Exploring the Nether (Part 1)

Shelby's POV (1pm)

Scott and I walk out of my house with everything we would need for this adventure. "I'm SO scared..." I laugh lightly.

"Well, we're both too scared to do this ourselves, so we've just got each other" he smiles as we hope over my hedge surrounding my house. "Yeah" I nod with a smile back.

I take a deep breath and follow him towards where I put my portal. I'm so nervous that it's all going to go wrong and one of us is either going to die, or get seriously injured. No, stop it Shelby, you'll be fine!

We walk into the hut and begin checking to see if we have everything we need.

"Okay, so we have all the provisions... we have tools, lots of food, golden apples... I have the obsidian in case we need to make a new portal" he says.

"Yeah" I nod.

Slinging our backpacks back on, we take deep breaths. "Okay, you ready?" he questions.

"Yeah..." I say nervously.

He takes my hand, and I take his, then we step into the purple mist. "Oh goodness..." he mumbles.

Arriving on the other side, we find ourselves in the cobblestone shack I made around the portal. We let go of each other's hands and Scott pushes the button to open the iron door. I step out first and peer around while Scott keeps his hand firmly pressed against the button, just in case I need to get back in quickly.

"Okay... I see a pigman, but nothing else really" I say, stepping aside to let Scott out. We both look around.

"Whoa, what the heck is that?!" Scott says, looking up at the huge hive behind the portal. "That's a hive..." I mumble.

"Are bees really that big in this Nether?" he questions, mouth open wide.

"Must be..." I reply.

We slowly begin walking around, gathering materials as we go. Scott heads over to a wall of Netherrack to gather some while I make sure no monsters sneak up on us. I'm so scared of this place. It seems much more dangerous than the one connected to my home world.

"Oh!" Scott says.

"What?" I ask, concerned. He stares at me with his pickaxe in his hand. "Come watch this" he chuckles.

I walk up to him. "You ready?" he asks. I nod and watch as he ploughs through the Netherrack like it's nobody's business.

I laugh, "It falls apart like butter" I giggle.

"This is only enchanted with Efficiency 2! What the heck!?" he laughs, picking up all the netherrack he mined out, putting it into his backpack. Thank god the items shrink down to fit in our backpacks. (Because, you know, Minecraft logic! This isn't actually IN Minecraft though, just takes all of the aspects from it lol). If they didn't, we'd have NO space left.

"Oh, I should probably set a waypoint" I say.

"That's smart, so we know where we are going" he says. I step away from Scott since I need the space and stomp my foot hard on the ground beneath me, watching as a ring of white light forms around my feet. I see a transparent screen appear infront of me and I type in the word 'Portal', before saving it and watching as the light fades away, leaving a waypoint for me to see. Only I can see it though. Scott could see the glow, but he can't see the waypoint that I set.

"Okay, I did it" I say. He nods and we continue on our way.

After about 5 minutes of walking, we come across a strange, small, stone thing with a cross in the centre of it. "What is that?" I ask.