Chapter 8: The First Mystery Man Task

Scott's POV

By the time I got home, the sun was on its way down since it was coming up to 6:30pm. Today was interesting to say the least, well, the past couple days technically. I don't really have much else to do today, so I might just get an early night after I have my dinner.

I walk inside, sitting my sword down against the wall. I head down to my chest room to sort out the materials I got while I was in the Nether with Shelby.

About 5 minutes later though...

I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head, making me stumble from surprise. I lean against the wall, taking deep breaths. "What the hell...?" I mumble, placing my hand behind my head. Suddenly, I see a book appear in my hand as I pull it away from my head.

A gasp escapes my lips. "Holy... heck..." I mumble quietly, looking around my chest room. I know exactly what this book is going to be about...

They don't just appear in your hand out of nowhere. We don't have powers like that. I look around once more before opening the book, reading it quietly to myself.

"Hello Scott, you don't know me, but I know all about you" I read. Freezing, I glance around with just my eyes, "That can't be true... right?".

I shake my head before beginning to read, "Do as I say, and you shall be rewarded. But if you fail me, you shall feel the consequences. Destroy all the glass in Kim's house within the next 4 days. Goodluck".

I suck in a breath, "Right..." I mumble. I could just wait until tomorrow, but part of me just wants to get it over with now, in case I end up forgetting about it. Oh god... but Kim is probably home. I look at my bracelet, bringing up the translucent message screen. There happened to be a message sent to everybody from Kim just 5 minutes ago.

--------------------------------------------------

NanoSounds: Heading out to do some mining for the next hour or two, just in case anybody is trying to find me.

-------------------------------------------------

Oh, well that's convenient. Hopefully she doesn't change her mind though. It's not that I want to do this to her, it's just that I'd rather not have to deal with the wrath of this mystery person if I fail it.

Right... may as well get heading...

I grab a few signs and a chest before heading out the front. I decide I'm going to swim across to the village instead of making a makeshift boat. I'm a pretty good swimmer, so I don't mind swimming my way over there.

I take a deep breath before jumping into the water and beginning my way over. Hopefully nobody sees me doing this. I think Sasha is the only one in the village though, since she's the only one I can see on the radar. Arriving on the shoreline, I ring out my clothes and begin walking over, keeping an eye out for Sasha as I do so.

I pass by her house, and I can see her inside, hopefully she didn't see ME though.

Going up the staircase that Kim made to her house, I keep an eye out, just in case she is actually here, but her bracelet is offline. I don't think she is though, because her beacon is active, and she isn't showing up on the radar.

Walking inside, I peer around. "Okay... I think I'm good" I say, walking all the way in. She had quite a few windows, so I'll have quite a lot to smash. I hope I don't accidently cut myself on them. I'm wearing armour though, so I should be okay.

I take the signs and place them down, taking a pencil I had made from my backpack and beginning to write a message out.

'Your house was a bit stuffy, so I opened up a window... or all of them >:) -K'.

Why did I put a 'K', you ask? Well, the only other person on this world, that I know if, that has their name start with a 'K' is Kyle, so Kim will think he did it.

I jump in surprise when I hear the door open. I turn around quickly just as it closes, my eyes wide. It opens again, and I take a step back.

"That is... terrifying... holy heck, what was that?" I question, but then I remember that the Mystery Man could be watching me right now. So much for not knowing when he's watching us, right? He's literally making himself known by opened the door a bunch.

"I thought that was Sasha" I say, letting out a breath. I act as if I don't know it's the Mystery Man. God knows what would happen if he knew that I knew it was him.

I take my pickaxe, taking a deep breath, before going all the way around the house and smashing them to pieces. "I think Kim's house is haunted" I mumble.

After about 20 minutes, all the windows were smashed, and Sasha hasn't seen me doing this yet, so that's good.

"Okay... I'm going home now..." I mumble, heading out the door and jogging down the pathway. I've been promised a prize for doing this, so I hope he lives up to that promise.

Arriving back at the house, I sit down on my couch and eat my dinner, which was some cooked steak.

I wonder when I'll get my prize.

About an hour later, the sun was fully gone, and the moon is up. Looking around outside to make sure there is no mobs around, I suddenly feel that pain in the back of my head again, so I stumble, holding onto the wall, putting my hand to my head again.

Pulling it away after a few seconds, there's another book. I head inside to read it.

"Scott, good show, chap! Your reward is waiting at the lowest point in your house. You will be hearing from me again soon. -MM".

"Lowest point in my house?" I question. The basement?

I head down into my basement, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but then I remember. "Oh, you mean my panic room?" I question into the air, having a feeling that he probably is watching me right now.

I go over to the lever and pull it, but it doesn't open. "Dang it... it's broken" I mumble. I use my pickaxe to mine the stop away, reaching in to pull the other lever, and the open the secret door, so I put the stone back down.

Heading down the ladder, I look in and see a chest in the middle of the room. "Oh" I say, opening it up. Inside is a golden apple and a strange helmet made from glass. But not normal glass, it looked almost unbreakable. And the golden apple wasn't normal either, it looked like it was enchanted.

Enchanted golden apples are super rare.

I put the helmet on after taking off my diamond one. "Ooh" I mumble, it actually fits. 'Wait... how did he know the size it would need to be...?' I think, glancing around.

Maybe he knows more about me than I care to let on...

--------------------------------------------------

A bit of a shorter chapter, but I hope you guys like it either way! It's also the first chapter where we look fully into another person's perspective. Might do these a few more times throughout the story, we'll see.

See you later,

-Amber