III

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙  𝘛 𝘏 𝘙 𝘌 𝘌 ❞

"THIS IS FUCKING STUPID." The 22-year-old muttered struggling to fold her shirt neatly to put in her dresser. She's never had to put her clothes away on her own, so in turn, she never had to learn how to do it. Hanging up clothes were simple enough, but don't even get her started on folding.

Ariya, out of frustration tossed her messed up shirt to the side on the bed, the grey fabric messily drawing over her pillows. She sat down on the end of the bed, looking at the grand room she was assigned to.

She felt as though she would get very well acquainted with this place.

There were three soft raps on the wooden door capturing Ariya's attention. She frowned, glaring at the door, at whoever was behind it. "What?"

The door pushed open to reveal Namjoon, poking his head into her room. "Dinner's ready, Miss. Sullivan." Namjoon spoke politely to her, just as always. His eyes looked at the state of her bed, with shirts tosses recklessly across it, only t-shirts though.

"Do you need help?" He asked, fully stepping into her room, the thin chain around his neck glistening in the light.

"No, I don't, go away...I'll be down in a moment," Ariya told him with a sigh, though she didn't make a single motion to look at him. She was far too focused on trying to figure how to fold these shirts.

Namjoon ignored her order and walked over, picking up one of her shirts from the surface of the bed. "Do you want me to teach you how to fold them?" He asked the girl with a bit of a smile, his large hands straightening out the shirt.

"I don't need you to come in here and make me feel stupid, okay. I'll figure it out on my own." Ariya snatched her shirt from Namjoon and attempted once more to fold it, only for it to end in a mess. She let out a frustrated groan. The embarrassment of not knowing how to fold a shirt weighing on her shoulders made her feel terrible.

"Here, no one's trying to make you feel stupid. You came here to learn how to cook, but you can also learn how to do other things while you're at it." Namjoon said as he took the shirt back from her. He proceeded to fold the fabric neatly and placed it down beside her. "See? I'll help you fold the rest later, Jin hyung is calling you down to come eat."

Ariya scoffed, leaning back on her hands as she crossed her right leg over her left. "I don't want to see that asshole. I'll just stay in here for tonight." If that meant not eating then so be it. He can't force feed her and eventually, he'll have to send her back home for her own safety.

Namjoon sighed heavily, wanting to maintain his wearing patience for the girl. "You have to eat. You'll be staying with Jin for months, you can't avoid him forever, Ms. Sulliv-."

"Ariya." She interrupted abruptly. "Call me Ariya, Ms, Sullivan is my mom." She always hated being called that, a constant reminder of who she belong to, who her mother fell victim to.