XXV

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙   𝘛 𝘞 𝘌 𝘕 𝘛 𝘠   𝘍 𝘐 𝘝 𝘌 ❞

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙 𝘛 𝘞 𝘌 𝘕 𝘛 𝘠 𝘍 𝘐 𝘝 𝘌 ❞

ARIYA NEVER BELIEVED THAT HER mother would be proud of the woman she became. Not even for a minute. Looking down at her daughter from wherever she remains as her final resting place, Ariya couldn't find a single moment after her mother's death where she acted like a decent person. At every opportunity she had to act with kindness, she chose to act with bitter vengeance towards those who hardly deserved it.

It wasn't like it was Ariya's fault per se. She doubts any child being solely raised by a rich, sociopathic narcissist after finding her mother sitting in a pool of her own blood in the bathroom would be able to function like a proper human being and have minimal mental scarring. Yet, she's never been very good at taking responsibility for her own actions. She can claim innocence from her wrongdoings as much as she wants but the simple truth was that no one made her say the words she's said or do the things she did. She wasn't a puppet on a string. She had free will.

Ariya was a sweet little girl as Wiggles recounted to her after she asked what she was like as a child. It seems as though her mind blocked out a lot of her childhood to protect her from the endless pain that would come if the flood gates ever opened.

She liked helping around the house with cooking and chores. The staff who worked there enjoyed her presence, like a star had come down from the heavens to grace their lives. That was the Ariya her mother raised. A kind, warm-hearted young girl with bright, doe eyes that twinkle with innocent stars.

Funny how the person who gave her that innocence was also the person who violently tore it away from her and ripped it to shreds.

She and Wiggles had just come back from the park and Ariya was still bursting with energy, running about the house trying to find her mother and tell her all about the new friend she had made, but the house was eerily quiet. Ariya simply thought it was a game of hide and seek so off she went, searching for her mother with those beautiful little diamonds in her eyes.

Well- she won.

Her mother was limp, lying in the bathtub, blood seeping into the water until it was crimson. Ariya didn't understand, she came over to her mom, thinking she was just sleeping and stood beside her. "Mommy?"

"Ariya, get away from there." She heard Wiggles just before he came and scooped her up, turning her head away from the sight. "What's wrong with Mommy?" He didn't answer her, no, he simply rushed out of the room with her and went to call the police. He told me her to stay in the living room in a strangled voice as he attempted to keep himself calm for her sake.

Ariya never saw her mother face to face again. The last glimpse she got of her was as she was being carried out of their house in a body bag. Wiggles was holding her in his arms and her father...he was nowhere to be seen. Off on a business trip.