XXVII

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙 𝘛 𝘞 𝘌 𝘕 𝘛 𝘠 𝘚 𝘌 𝘝 𝘌 𝘕 ❞

THE DAYS SEEM TO GO BY IN SILENCE. Not the peaceful silence that had plagued the house before as Ariya and Seokjin seemed to dance together in harmony. No, this silence was stiff, suffocating, stifling as they pass each other like ghosts of the past. They were already dead to each other, memories of better, more pleasurable times. It was easier to pretend the other was already gone than to confront the fact that they had feelings for each other and they didn't know how to properly deal with it.

Days turned into weeks and the haunting deadline was coming in over the horizon. Jin had attempted to teach her how to handle finances on her own, the basics of how to manage a business through having her shadow him throughout his days, and what investments would be best for her to pursue with minimal risk. He was trying so hard to make sure she was prepared, not to be married off to the highest bidder, but to venture out on her own and find a path for herself in the world. Initially, he was only meant to teach her cooking, cleaning, and other "womanly" duties, but he had supplied her with so much more.

Jin attempted to go to Haneul for comfort, hoping to maybe remove himself sexually from Ariya and re-familiarize himself with what he was used to. But he quickly found that the thought of having sex with anyone other than her made it rather hard to well...get hard. He had the worst erectile disfunction of his entire life and it was pissing him off. Jin couldn't even distract himself with someone else.

"Dude, you're overthinking this," Haneul told him, his greatest confidant. Despite living her life like it had no consequences, she gave rather good advice. She and Namjoon would be good friends. Haneul is wise because she's gone everything and Namjoon is wise because he uses logic and watches the people who do everything.

"If you like her, tell her that, kiss her or something! She's leaving in like, what, a week? Do something before it's too late." She didn't see the point in him denying himself what he desires. For once, the stoic chef, Kim Seokjin, has a crush. He's fallen for someone just as course and new to love as him so that maybe they can learn to accept affection.

Jin scoffed at such an idea. "Fuck that. I refuse to invest in something that's already failing. I'm not an idiot." He huffed, crossing his arms across his chest as he bit the inside of his cheek. "Where would that even go? She still has to go back to America and my entire life is here in Korea." It would never work even if he wanted it to, which he doesn't...stop making that face, he doesn't!

Haneul couldn't believe how dense he was being. "Like she isn't a grown woman and can't decide to stay in Korea. Even if her father is controlling, at the end of the day, her father legally doesn't have any power to keep her somewhere." If anything, Jin thought she was the one being dense. He can't ask her to stay somewhere she doesn't know the language or culture.

"I'm not going to ask her to leave her home and stay in a place where she knows nothing." Jin didn't realize just how selfless he was, putting Ariya before himself so she can have the best chance at life. So she didn't feel obligated to stay here with him. They knew that the other had feelings, it was so blatantly clear that even they couldn't ignore it, the two most blind people in the world. It was just a matter of whether they were going to act on their feelings.