Epilogue

❝ 𝘌 𝘗 𝘐 𝘓 𝘖 𝘎 𝘜 𝘌 ❞

❝ 𝘌 𝘗 𝘐 𝘓 𝘖 𝘎 𝘜 𝘌 ❞

"SWEETHEART, YOU NEED TO STAND STILL for her, or she can't make the dress fit." Ariya stood behind the small girl standing in front of her, impatiently shifting side to side while whining about wanting ice cream. Her mother was becoming annoyed by her incessant shuffling, but Ariya didn't mind all that much. "It's fine, Ms. Montgomery, I'm done anyway. The dress should be done by next week."

Ariya told the little girl to go and change out of the dress and to be careful when it came to avoiding the pins she had stuck into the dress. She rushed off, ready to go home and get some ice cream as a reward for (partially) behaving.

"Thank you for taking us at such short notice." Mrs. Montgomery sighed, grateful for Ariya's kindness. "I didn't know the banquet would be so soon-"

"It's alright. No big deal, but it will cost extra to get it done so soon." Ariya couldn't just give freebies, and work twice as hard for the same price. Being a tailor demanded a lot of time and precision so to get a dress done in just a week was quite the ask.

Ariya's been surviving successfully on her own for about a year now. Sure, she's been using her name to get ahead, Sullivan was a well-known, old money name, but other than that, she's been completely independent of her father and she's been better for it. She started her own business, an alterations boutique as a tailor to adjust and alter clothing. She had her own apartment, pays her own bills, and completely supports herself. Independence is nice.

Alone in her shop, Ariya sits on the velvet couch beside the platform her clients stand on. She hates it when she's alone and the silence that surrounds her because her mind tends to wander away from her to the past. She never let herself indulge in it for too long in fear that she may finally get to their goodbye and she'll cry all over again.

'It's been over a year,' he told herself, 'get the fuck over it. What's done is done.' He didn't mean it, how could he have meant it? He never called her, never tried to reach out, never congratulated her on her success. She was just something he could use to keep his dick warm for a little while before she left and mistook it for genuine feelings and affection.

A little jingle. Someone came through the front door. Ariya quickly stood to greet them with a warm smile. It faded rather quickly and turned ice cold upon seeing who dared to come through her doors and invade her safe space with his presence. Why did he come here? Now. When she was just starting to get over it. Why can't he just let her go?

"Seokjin." Ariya deadpanned. She played like she hated him when she really hated the way her heart was beginning to leap again. He looked even more handsome than her memory could ever serve. His jet hair was pushed back out of his face. A smile crosses his lips which once touched hers with such brief and fleeting passion. "Ariya." He spoke like they were old friends. They weren't. They were old lovers.