IX

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙  𝘕 𝘐 𝘕 𝘌 ❞

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙 𝘕 𝘐 𝘕 𝘌 ❞

"SO, HOW ARE YOUR LESSONS WITH SEOKJIN GOING?" Her father's voice was just as hard and cold as ever, even through the grainy speaker of her phone which sat idle in her bed. He had called to check in on her progress. That meant he must have been thinking about her, right?

After Jin accused her of sleeping with Namjoon, she had stopped talking to him altogether. Every time he opened his mouth, she'd swiftly leave the room, if that wasn't an option, she simply wouldn't speak to him. She didn't want to hear anything he had to say to her.

"Horrible. Just let me come home, it'll be easier to just have me take cooking classes in America! This guy you sent me to is an asshole!" The woman was on the verge of a rant, ready to give her father a piece of her mind. Hell, Wiggles would have been a better cooking instructor over Jin. At least he wouldn't call her a whore.

"But," he interjected, "he'll make sure you get something out of this. You need to learn discipline and hard work. You are spoiled, Ariya, and you need a push into reality."

Ariya balled her fist, jaw clenched so tightly that it made her face hurt. Her nails bit and tore into her skin, the pain flaring up in her body. Why did he always say that to her? She wasn't the one who stuffed money in her hands as a substitute for love and affection. She wasn't the one who left their daughter to be raised by workers. How was it her fault that she was the way she is?

"Then you shouldn't have fucking spoiled me as a child I guess. This is your fault I'm like this, not mine." She spat bitterly, snatching her phone from the soft sheets of her bed. "Don't make me feel bad about myself because of your horrible parenting."

"You are an ungrateful child." Her father scolded her as if she were 5. "I worked to make sure you lived a good life, but you took advantage of that and never recognized all I'd done for you. You've been like this ever since your mother passed."

Ariya stopped dead in her tracks. They never talked about her mother, not after her passing when Ariya was young. She knew that her father was truly evil for bringing her up in a conversation like this, for blaming her mother for the way she acted now.

Her nails dug so deep into the palms of her hands that blood was beginning to seep out. She didn't feel the pain though, she couldn't, not with the burning anger the lit in her heart.

"You have no right to talk about her. Don't forget though you're the reason she died. You were such a horrible husband to her. You couldn't see that she was suffering!" Tears pricked in her eyes from the pain in her hands and within her chest.

"Don't blame me for what she chose to do. She was weak. You are weak, just like her, but you pretend to be strong. You're so stubborn, how will you ever find a husband?"