Chapter 10

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) sighed to herself, checking her phone, it read 4:00 PM. It was Monday after school and her friend had invited her to watch his practice match. She checked with Coach Ukai, and they didn't need her and Oikawa to come and volunteer today, so she decided to go check it out.

It had been many years since she had last seen Noya. They were best friends in elementary school before she moved to America. They had occasionally met up when she would visit her brother during summer vacation, but she was still nervous to see him again after so long.

She still remembered him when they were little. He was such a crybaby, scared to do anything. Though the last time she saw him was when he was at Chidoriyama Junior High. He seemed a lot more outgoing and fearless, taking after his eccentric grandfather.

She smiled to herself, Noya was part of the reason that her first position was a libero. Over the summer, he would show her all the new receives he had come up with.

Suddenly she felt two warm hands cover her eyes, snapping her out of her thoughts, "Guess who?!" The owner of the hands asked, in his usual cheery voice.

(Y/N) sighed, "What do you want, Oikawa?"

Oikawa pouted, "What a cold reception!" He continued, "I just wanted to ask where you're off in a hurry since they don't need us to volunteer today."

"My friend asked for me to watch his practice match." (Y/N) explained, still walking in the direction of Karasuno High School.

"Hmm...what high schools are playing?" Oikawa asked, curious.

"Karasuno and Tokanami High." The small girl stated, checking the text that Noya had sent her regarding the practice match.

Oikawa paused, causing the girl to stop and look back at him confused. "No offense, but those are the two worst schools in the prefecture. It seems like a waste of time, chibi-chan."

"There's no such thing as a waste of time." (Y/N) scolded, "It's always good to keep data on other teams, you never know when we'll play them." "And besides, I'm going primarily to support my friend."

"Well, I was hoping to see some action today, but I guess I'll have to settle for watching the flightless crows." Oikawa sighed.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow, "Who said you had to come?"

"Where you go, I go, manager-chan," Oikawa said, casually.

The girl had to force herself to keep walking and not to turn and look at the pretty boy in shock. She shook her head, he probably didn't mean anything by his statement, just Oikawa being an idiot as usual.

As they walked towards Karasuno, Oikawa continued to chatter like he had said nothing out of the ordinary. He talked about the last game between the Schweiden Adlers and MSBY Black Jackals and geeked out about the possibility of space colonization.

(Y/N) couldn't help but shake her head in astonishment. She would never understand how the over-competitive, popular, playboy setter and alien-loving, space nerd were the same people.

They both stopped in front of Karasuno High. (Y/N) had to admit that it was a bit smaller than she expected. Though hordes of chattering students were streaming out from the school, heading home.

Without realizing her action, she grabbed onto Oikawa's blazer sleeve, so she wouldn't be swept up by the tidal wave of people. Oikawa simply pushed his way through the hoard, carving a path for his precious manager.

They walked to the gym building and the girl peeked through the doors to see the two teams warming up. She was surprised at how few spectators there were. At Seijoh, there was always a full crowd to watch their practice matches. Heck, they had more people that watched their practices than there were at this match.