Chapter 12

(Y/N) rushed out of the classroom, thankful that it was Monday and she had the afternoon free to relax after volunteering for a bit at Little Tykes with Oikawa. Speak of the devil, she crashed straight into the pretty boy who was standing directly outside the door. Unbeknownst to the girl, he was waiting for her.

"Oh, chibi-chan, sorry!" He apologized, smiling, "I didn't see you there, you're so short."

"Short?" (Y/N) frowned, glaring at Oikawa, causing a shiver to run up his spine, "Beware Crappykawa, I'm coming for your kneecaps." She then proceeded to chase after Oikawa who had started running away, laughing.

"Sorry, but no can do! I need them for volleyball." He called out, over his shoulder. A few lingering students jumped out of the way as Oikawa barreled past them, (Y/N) hot on his heels.

Eventually, (Y/N) grew tired, heaving for breath. God, she was out of shape. She stared disdainfully at her knee brace that chafed her skin while she ran. Even after physical therapy it still twinged a bit when she exercised.

Oikawa noticed her pause and doubled-back to walk beside the small manager. He locked his hands behind his head and whistled a cheerful tune.

"You're in an unusually good mood." She commented with a raised eyebrow. 

"Of course I am," He said, grinning, "I'm taking a beautiful girl on a date after this."

For a second, white-hot jealousy burned through her, until she remembered his request last week.

(Y/N) blushed at his casual comment. She forgot that he had asked her to eat with him at the cafe after volunteering, but she didn't think it was a date. "It's not a date, Oikawa."

"Hmmm?" He asked, "Did you say something?"

She groaned at his childish attitude, "You heard me, we're just getting a bite to eat as friends, not a date." She didn't know why she felt a pang at her own words.

"Nope! It's a date." He smiled, not accepting her answer.

"What?" She exclaimed, not sure if she properly heard him.

Oikawa simply hummed happily and continued walking towards the local gymnasium that Little Tykes rented. "So, what are we teaching the kids today?" He asked. His little manager was in charge of all of the logistics, he was simply along for the ride.

"We're going over hitting and blocking today." She sighed.

(Y/N) was always amazed at how well Oikawa communicated with the kids. She assumed it helped that he acted like one most of the time. She watched as she helped a boy position his hands to block properly, he then high-fived the boy after he successfully blocked a hit. Ukai thanked both of them and after picking up Takeru from his advanced class, they walked to the new cafe. 

The manager currently wore an oversized, turquoise hoodie that dwarfed her small frame, falling to her mid-thigh. It belonged to Oikawa.

As they stepped outside the facility, the chilly autumn wind, buffeted, causing her to shiver uncontrollably. Oikawa, surprisingly acted like a decent human being by taking off his hoodie and giving it to her, stating he couldn't have his precious manager get a cold before Interhighs.

"That's a myth. Exposure to cold weather doesn't actually make you sick." She replied, but still accepted the hoodie, slipping it over her head.

Oikawa was secretly pleased to see her in his clothing and couldn't help but glancing at her every few seconds, savoring the image.

"(Y/N), why do you bother hanging out with my lame uncle?" Takeru asked his face in a set deadpan. He walked between the two, his hands gripping his backpack straps.