Chapter 4

-- time skip to afterschool --

(Y/N) groaned to herself as she walked towards the boy's gym, looking down at the paper in her hand. She knew she was playing into Oikawa's hands, but she decided to go anyways. She was very curious to see how good Seijoh's volleyball team was, as they were considered a powerhouse school.

She was going to arrive a bit later than Oikawa and Iwaizumi, since today, her teacher had picked her for classroom clean-up duty. Iwaizumi offered to stay and help her clean up, but she shooed the two boys to practice, so they wouldn't be late. Iwaizumi quickly drew a map for her to show her where the gym was located.

She stopped outside large double doors, peering into the gym. She sighed to herself as the familiar scent of bleach, sweat, and salonpas invaded her nose, bringing back bitter memories. The familiar sound of squeaking shoes, skin hitting the ball, and yells almost brought a smile to her face.

She stood awkwardly in the open doorframe, unsure if she should walk in. She soon noticed a third year walking towards her, an exasperated look on his face.

"Sorry, but this is a closed practice. If you want to see Oikawa, you can do so after we're done." He stated, bored, as if he had to do this multiple times a day.

"(Y/N)!" She heard a familiar annoyance yell. She grimaced to herself. Oikawa ran up to her and the third year. "Hiroki, it's fine, I invited her to watch," Oikawa explained.

She was surprised to see the third year accept what Oikawa had said and he actually seemed to respect his kouhai.

"Okay, as long as she's not another one of your squealing fangirls because I don't think my ears can take it if she is," Hiroki answered.

"Don't worry, she isn't! Actually, quite far from it." Iwaizumi yelled from the court, listening to the exchange.  She noticed Hanamaki and Mattsun standing next to Iwaizumi waving to her. She smiled and waved back.

Hiroki nodded and walked off.

"I can't believe you actually came," Oikawa said with a flirtatious smile.

"I wanted my mirror back." (Y/N) replied, deadpanned.

She turned to walk towards the viewing stands. Much to her annoyance, the pretty boy setter decided to follow her.

She whirled around, "Shouldn't you return to practice? Your coach might get mad."

"Nah, it's fin-" Oikawa began to say.

"SHITTYKAWA! GET YOUR ASS BACK IN THE COURT!" Iwaizumi yelled, chucking a volleyball at his friend's head.

The small girl smirked as she saw Oikawa wince and rub the back of his head, where the ball made contact. "You better get going, Shittykawa." She said, trying to contain her laughs.

Oikawa scowled at the girl and walked over to Iwaizumi, "I'm coming! No need to be so violent, Iwa-chan!"

(Y/N) watched the practice mildly impressed. Though Oikawa's personality may be crappy, his skills as a setter were top-notch. Even, she could recognize the talent. She noticed that his setting and serves made what was a somewhat average team, a formidable opponent. 

Her eyes analyzed all of Seijoh's plays, noticing the holes and weaknesses. Her mind already calculating how to fix them. She noticed a boy with a blonde buzz cut and dark stripes arguing with the third years of the team. From what she'd noticed so far, his spikes were extremely powerful. Not as powerful as her brother, but not many were.

However, the boy seemed to lack composure and team play. She watched as he brushed off his third years' advice and returned to practice. At his return, she noticed that his spikes this time were even stronger than before, fueled by his anger, but they lacked control.