Chapter 6

(Y/N) POV

"Oh, really?" Oikawa laughed, a genuine smile on his face, "I must meet this teacher of yours."

(Y/N) couldn't help the small smile that tugged on her lips. She had never seen Oikawa this candid and she finally noticed what drew in all of the girls at Aoba Johsai.

Takeru brightened and grabbed his uncle's hand tugging him towards where (Y/N) stood.

As Oikawa looked in her direction, his face morphed into one of shock. She gave an awkward wave and smiled as Takeru approached.

"This is my Uncle Tooru, (Y/N)-san!" He beamed, "He plays volleyball too! He actually taught me a bit of receiving before today."

(Y/N) smiled at the boy, "I actually know your uncle already. He and I go to the same school."

Takeru grinned, "Are you two dating?"

Oikawa choked, while (Y/N) couldn't help the peal of laughter that escaped her, "No, no we're just friends."

For some reason Oikawa felt a dull pang at her quick dismissal, odd. "So chibi-chan, what are you doing here?" He asked, curious, brushing off the strange feeling.

"On Mondays after school, I'm a volunteer coach for the Lil'Tykes Volleyball Classroom." She replied, still smiling.

Oikawa was stunned, this girl was amazing, volunteering her free time to help others play a sport she would never be able to play herself. A random thought entered his mind, her smile was pretty.

"I've never seen you pick up your nephew before." She commented, filling the silence.

Oikawa chuckled, "Yeah, my older sister asked me to pick him up today since she was running late at work. But it was no biggie because I got to spend time with my favorite nephew!" He proceeded to ruffle Takeru's hair affectionately.

(Y/N) smiled, noting the sincerity in Oikawa's voice and actions. She found she liked his true personality.

"Uncle Tooru, I'm your only nephew," Takeru said, deadpanned, fixing his hair that his uncle had just messed up.

Oikawa immaturely stuck his tongue out at his nephew's reply. "Whatever, smartie. Want to go get some ice cream to celebrate the A+ I heard you received on your math test today?"

Takeru brightened at his uncle's offer, but then immediately frowned, "Mom says I shouldn't have sweets before dinner."

"My dear sister doesn't have to know." Oikawa winked, "It will be our little secret."

Takeru thought for a moment but ended up agreeing, the temptation of ice cream far outweighing the fear of his mother's reprimand. "Y/N-sensei would you like to come with us?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude on any uncle-nephew bonding time." She replied, glancing at Oikawa to gauge his reaction to his nephew's offer.

"Nah, I spend time with him every week, he can get pretty annoying actually. So you coming would be a big favor." Takeru explained, seriously.

Oikawa started to protest but was cut off by (Y/N).

"He is, isn't he?" (Y/N) smiled, "Well, if you put it that way. I'd love to!"

Takeru cheered and raced ahead of the two teenagers, excited to get some ice cream.

"Hey, Oikawa." (Y/N) said, her voice serious.

Oikawa paused and looked back at her giving her his full attention.

"My brother told me to tell you something," She began.