Chapter 17

There was a time every month that (Y/N) simply dreaded. Her monthly visit from Auntie Flow. Her shark week. Her period. For having such a small body, her flow was like a massive tsunami and the cramps were simply torture. She would usually spend the whole week holed up in her room with a heating pad glued to her lower abdomen. Instead, she was up early, double-checking attendance on the team bus that would take them to the Interhigh Tournament.

Oikawa was at a loss. He knew that his chibi-chan was often grumpy in the mornings, but he had never seen her in this bad of a mood and she looked to be in pain.

"Chibi-chan, are you okay?" He decided to ask, risking the wrath of Seijoh's Satan. The whole team stared at their setter, wondering if he had some sort of death wish.

She fixed a glare to the pretty boy, "Does it look like I'm okay?" She paused to take a sip of her coffee that Iwaizumi graciously provided her, making him her current favorite on the team, "No, I'm not, I feel like my uterus is being ripped to shreds, I'm tired, and I have a wad of blood-soaked cotton shoved up my vagina."

All of the boys in line to enter the bus winced at her graphic description. (Y/N) rolled her eyes at their delicate sensibilities. Oikawa frowned, not bothered by the idea of her period, but upset to see his girlfriend in pain. He wasn't sure what to do about it because whenever his older sister had hers, he simply steered clear for a week.

However, he was on boyfriend duty and would do his best. He sat next to her on the bus and moved up the seat armrest so she could lay down, using his lap as a pillow. They spent the ride in companionable silence, listening to music with his blue earbuds.

(Y/N) felt peaceful with her head cushioned on Tooru's lap and his comforting smell of mint surrounding her. He unknowingly massaged her lower abdomen in slow circles, his warm hand acting as her own personal heat pad. 

When they arrived at the Interhigh tournament, (Y/N) left the bus with Coach Irihata to get the team checked in. Then they returned to fetch the team and walk into the gymnasium.

(Y/N) had to admit, Aoba Johsai VBC looked intimidating walking into the building, with their matching warm-ups and reputation as a powerhouse.

She looked at the team behind her, her team, she felt a glow of pride. They all had their game faces on, Kyotani had a scowl, frightening some of the other team's first years. She suddenly halted, noticing someone missing. 

Coach Irihata looked over to her and then groaned, "Don't tell me."

"Where's Oikawa?" Coach Mizoguchi frowned.

"Iwaizumi, please get him." Coach Irihata sighed, tiredly, used to the setter's antics by now. He glanced to the small manager, who currently emitted a dark aura, "You as well, (Y/N)." He knew he was throwing Oikawa to the wolves, but at the moment he didn't care. 

Iwaizumi nodded once with a small sadistic grin and waited for (Y/N) to catch up. They quickly spotted him in the middle of a crowd of girls. (Y/N) felt a tick form on her brow. This was what held him up.

Iwaizumi noticed the manager's annoyance and decided to let her have this one. He silently passed her the volleyball he usually carried and watched as she perfectly spiked the ball into the back of Assikawa's head with a force that rivaled her brother's.

"Shittykawa!" She barked, "Hurry it up before I come over and drag you to warm-ups."

Oikawa immediately paled and hurried towards his manager-chan. Usually, he would complain to Iwa-chan about hitting him, but at the moment he had god's fear in him and wouldn't dare speak back to the small girl.