Chapter 5

(Y/N) POV

As they sat down and put in their orders, Watari spoke up, "So (Y/N), what position did you use to play?"

"When I first started out, I was a libero due to my height." She smiled, "Nii-san would help me practice my receives, but he also taught me serving and spiking." She thought of the times her brother would practice with her in their backyard, not holding back on his spikes. He was a patient teacher and his power spikes helped her get used to left-handed hitters. "When I transferred to Brunswick Academy, they already had a libero, so they had me playing wing spiker, and I've played that ever since."

"Wow, going from libero to wing spiker. Can't say I've ever heard of that before." Yahaba commented, impressed.

"Libero!" Watari said with stars in his eyes, "Do you think you could help me out sometime?"

"Of course," She laughed.

"No fair, why is manager-chan nice to all of you! But cold as ice to me." Oikawa complained.

"Maybe because you're annoying as hell." Iwaizumi mumbled, his cheeks full of ramen.

Oikawa pouted, and looked to (Y/N), "Chibi-chan, do you think I'm annoying?"

"Yes." She responded, not missing a beat. In reality, she didn't mind his flirty personality, but there was something about him that annoyed her to no end, "You act incredibly fake. I do not like it."

Iwaizumi glanced at her in surprise, not many people noticed when Oikawa wasn't genuine. Over the years, he'd become an amazing actor. Always putting on fake smiles and peace signs, acting how others want to perceive him and not his true personality.

Oikawa gritted his teeth and smiled, "Well chibi-chan, I find your know-it-all personality quite irritating as well." He said in a fake cheery voice.

The small girl narrowed her eyes at his tone and smile. Fight fire with fire. She broke into a fake pleasant smile, "then that is your problem," she said, sweetly.

Iwaizumi chuckled as the girl copied Oikawa's demeanor, he was glad the new manager would be able to handle the difficult setter. The rest of the team sweatdropped.

--- time skip to after dinner ---

She waved to Iwaizumi and Oikawa who walked her home from dinner and gave Iwaizumi her number. She then closed the door and called out, "Mom, I'm home!"

She walked into the kitchen and was surprised to see her brother cleaning the dirty dishes in the sink. "Nii-san?" She questioned, "What are you doing here?"

Every time she looked at Ushijima, she had to fight a scowl, why was she stuck with the bad genes, standing at only 152 centimeters, while her brother towered at 189 centimeters.

"I wanted to surprise you and see how your first day of school went." He said, his face serious.

"It was fun!" She smiled, "Guess what? I'm now the manager of the boy's volleyball team, so I'll be seeing you on the court."

Ushijima frowned, he didn't like the idea of his little sister spending all her time around guys. He was still somewhat mad that she applied to Aoba Johsai behind his back and didn't choose to attend Shiratorizawa.

"How are Tendou and the others?" She asked.

"Good." He replied, stoically.

Suddenly, (Y/N)'s phone exploded with pings. She looked to see that she was added to the Seijoh volleyball group chat.

"Who's that?" Ushijima asked.

"My new friends." She smiled, glancing at her texts.

Ushijima smiled as well, though he was upset that he wouldn't be able to protect his sister at school, he was happy that she found friends. "You're friends with Oikawa, correct?" He asked.