Chapter 15

Oikawa froze, then glared at his so-called "friend". He hadn't been sure how to approach the subject ever since their coffee date. He met chibi-chan's expectant eyes. Wait. Expectant? He did a double-take surprised to not see contempt lingering beneath her warm, (e/c) eyes.

"Erm...would you want to maybe go out with me sometime?" Oikawa asked, mumbling the last part so it mixed together into one glob of a word. 

(Y/N) found it funny to see the shy, embarrassed side of the usually self-confident, pretty boy.

"Depends," She smiled, enjoying Oikawa's surprised expression. "Where are we going?"

"There's a Schweiden Adlers game this weekend. I can order tickets." Oikawa suggested, hoping that chibi-chan would like the idea.

"Really, Oikawa?" Hina admonished, "A volleyball game for your first date?! Do you have a single romantic bone in your..."

Hina trailed off noticing her friend's eyes sparkling with excitement. She sighed to herself, stopping her tirade.

(Y/N) beamed, "Yes! That would be amazing!!" She was secretly impressed with Oikawa's date idea, she thought he would suggest something cliche like going to the movies. 

Oikawa smiled, glad that (Y/N) was a girl after his own heart. This was the first time he had ever been seriously excited about a date. 

"I'll pick you up at 6 PM this Saturday." Oikawa grinned, genuinely.

--time skip--

(Y/N) had heard once that relationships were difficult. She didn't understand who would think that. Surprisingly, her relationship with the high-maintenance setter had been easy and blissful. After some convincing with the help of Tendou, her brother finally relented and allowed her to go on the date. 

Ushi was slightly jealous that they had front row tickets while he'd be watching it from his TV.

Clad in her oversized, Schweiden Adlers jersey, she had a blast with Oikawa. He bought them cotton candy and popcorn, disregarding his strict athletic diet for one night of fun. Oikawa was surprisingly attentive and sweet.

(Y/N) smiled at her new lock screen photo. It was her riding piggyback on Oikawa, both of them laughing and throwing a peace sign at the camera with the volleyball court in the background. She loved seeing Oikawa unguarded, his face scrunched in laughter.

"What are you smiling at?" Oikawa asked, sitting across from her in his desk chair while she laid sprawled on his bed.

"You." She grinned, showing Oikawa her new lock screen.

Oikawa's nose scrunched, "I look terrible in that."

"No, you look cute." 

He grinned, triumphantly, "Haha, I knew that. Just wanted to hear you say it."

"Wow, Oikawa, fishing for compliments I see." (Y/N) laughed.

"Tooru."

"What?" (Y/N) questioned.

"Call me Tooru." He said, his chocolate eyes, serious.

"Okay," (Y/N) smiled, "Tooru."

Oikawa beamed, loving the sound of his name on her lips.

"Anyways, we have the Interhigh Tournament coming up. I've been scouting some of our opponents." (Y/N) smiled.

"How's it look?" Oikawa asked, spinning in his chair to face his girlfriend. He was always amazed that he was able to now call his precious manager that.