Chapter 16

(following messages inspired from a twitter account!)

volleyball dorks:

Y/N: hi guys! i'm going to the junior high athletics meet to scout! if anyone wants to join oikawa, iwaizumi, and i please feel free to come!

Kyotani: you had me until you said oikawa. how do you put up with that asshole

Oikawa: You call me an asshole 🤭 but assholes 😙 are needed 😌✨ for human 😍🤚 bodily functions 🤩 so what you're telling me 😋👑 is that I'm a 😗✌️✨ necessity ✨✌️😗

Iwaizumi: Or 😃 that you're full 🥰 of shit 😗✌️

Oikawa: Ya'll are really pushing my buttons today.

Kyotani: it's because we're trying to find mute.

Y/N: ya'll really woke up and chose violence 😓 he's now crying on my shoulder. thanks 🔪❤️

Kyotani: s-sorry ma'am

Hanamaki: yes, so very very sorry 🙏

Mattsun: 🙏🙏🙏

Iwaizumi: she isn't lying. i'm on a train w them.

(Y/N) looked up from her phone to see that the train arrived at their stop. She, Iwaizumi, and Oikawa stepped onto the platform.

"Okay guys, remember the purpose of this visit. We're here to scout for future Aoba Johsai VBC players." The manager said, looking down at her notebook where she wrote a few names that were of interest.

"Yes ma'am." Oikawa saluted, before grabbing the small girl's hand and dashing away towards the building, leaving Iwaizumi behind.

"Shittykawa, you better wait up!" Iwaizumi's voice faded as the distance grew.

"Tooru, do you even know where the building is?" (Y/N) laughed, enjoying the feeling of his warm hand enveloping hers.

"Nope!" He smiled, turning his head.

--time skip--

Once they reached the building, all eyes were on Oikawa. It was like he was a mini-celebrity. He even took a few pictures with some middle schoolers. (Y/N) watched with amusement as Oikawa crouched down and signed a young boy's volleyball.

"C'mon, we're gonna be late." Iwaizumi scolded, looking at the schedule. 

"Don't be such a party pooper, Iwa-chan," Oikawa complained, standing up from his crouching position.

"No, he's right. We should leave now if we want to watch Kitagawa First's match against..." (Y/N) squinted at the page, "Yukigaoka Junior High."

"Hmm...that's odd. I've never heard of them before." Iwaizumi said, scrunching his brow in confusion.

"You guys went to Kitagawa First, right?" She asked, glancing at the two.

"Yeah, but we never played Yukigaoka." Iwaizumi replied, looking at the schedule again.

"I didn't even know they had a volleyball team," Oikawa added, frowning.

"Maybe they'll have some good players." (Y/N) said excitedly.

The match was disappointing, to say the least. Yukigaoka was completely crushed by the Junior High powerhouse known as Kitagawa First.

(Y/N) did take note of a short orange-haired player whose speed, agility, and jumps were impressive. However, his actual gameplay needed lots of work, but she saw something in him that she was convinced would take him far. "The orange-haired boy has potential, don't you think?" She commented.