Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s POV

"This is Matsukawa, Hanamaki, Hina, and Amaya." Iwaizumi introduced, pointing to each person. "You already know Assikawa."

Oikawa decided to not speak up about the insulting name as he valued his life.

"Hi." (Y/N) waved awkwardly, suddenly feeling shy. She wasn't used to meeting so many people at once.

"OOOO! She's so cute!!" a short girl with blonde hair squealed, running up to her, "Can we keep her? Pretty pleaseee." She looked to the other girl with bangs, who was rolling her eyes.

"Hina, she's not a puppy. Calm down." stated the tall girl in a monotone voice. 

"Aww, I know. She's just so small and adorable." Hina replied, pouting.

(Y/N) was too shocked to move. She blinked once surprised at the enthusiasm she was greeted with from the blonde girl, Hina, who honestly wasn't much taller than herself.

"Sorry about my friend." Amaya bowed in (Y/N)'s direction, her dark bangs falling across her eyes, "I know she can be a bit much at times."

"Hey!" Hina shouted in defiance, "I'm right here you know!"

"Yeah," a boy with pink-brown cropped hair sweat-dropped, "That's Hina and Amaya. I'm Hanamaki. What's your name?"

"Oh sorry!" (Y/N) exclaimed, forgetting to introduce herself, "I'm (Y/N)." She frowned to herself, why was everyone here so damn tall?

"Erm...how do you all know each other?" (Y/N) asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Maki, Mattsun, Iwa-chan, and I play volleyball together," Oikawa explained. "And Hina and Amaya are part of the girl's volleyball club."

"Mattsun?" (Y/N) questioned.

"Trashykawa likes to give everyone stupid nicknames." Iwaizumi grumbled.

"(Y/N)! I need to give you a nickname." Oikawa exclaimed, pretending to think. Only Iwaizumi noticed the devious glint in his friend's brown eyes. It was time for payback from the mirror stunt. "I got it! Chibi-chan!"

(Y/N) glared at the pretty boy, she knew full well that Oikawa noticed her annoyance at her own stature and decided to strike at her insecurity. The little snake. 

Noticing the dark waves seeming to emanate from (Y/N), Hina decided to intervene. "Guys, I'm starved! Let's quit yapping and start eating or lunch will end before we even take a bite!"

(Y/N)'s gaze turned back to normal as she glanced to Hina and smiled sweetly, "Sure! I'm hungry!"

After shooting Oikawa one last menacing look, she turned to open the bento she had packed earlier this morning. She wore a bright smile, her previous dark mood gone, as she took out her chopsticks and began to eat.

Oikawa felt a shiver pass through his spine from both her cold glare, which was even scarier than Iwa-chan's and how easily she swapped demeanors. He couldn't help jumping a bit when she spoke up.

"So you all play volleyball?" (Y/N) asked, her eyes bright and excited, reminding Oikawa of himself when he heard his favorite sport. "What positions do you play?"

"How about you guess?" Oikawa suggested, interested in her response.

"Erm, okay. Hmm...I think Matsukawa-san is a middle blocker. His height is a dead giveaway. I'd say that Hanamaki-san is a wing spiker and the same with Iwaizumi-san. Iwaizumi-san is most likely the ace as well. I'd guess that Hina-san is a libero from her height and all the bruises on her legs and arms. I'd say that Amaya-san is also a middle blocker from her height and her taped fingers. And you, Trashykawa, with your self-centered, arrogant attitude, are most likely the setter. The position that control's the court and gets the most touches." (Y/N) finished, confidently.