// 14 - dead //

Lisa sat in class, fiddling with her pens while Jinsoul ranted about some elderly guy she'd used to deliver groceries to with her sister.

"i jus... can't believe he died & in such a gruesome manner at that," Jinsoul visibly shuddered.

Lisa's ears mentally perked up. "wait, how.." her throat suddenly went dry. "how did he pass?"

"traumatic brain injury and a crushed windpipe, someone beat the poor man and left him to die."

Lisa started to tremble, her throat tightening. she glanced around the empty classroom, they had a good 15 minutes before the professor arrived. "are there any r-reports? on t-this case? like a photo.. of the man?"

please be a coincidence.
please be-

Jinsoul's eyes scanned aimlessly. "my mom has a photo with him on kakaotalk. let me see if i can find it."

Lisa began to nibble the skin off of her inner cheeks, a nervous habit she could never seem to fully shake.

Jinsoul took out her phone, typing & tapping buttons until finally handing Lisa the phone. "see, this was actually a Christmas party."

Lisa practically snatched the phone. a horrified muffled cry leaving her mouth as she seen the man.

it was him.
her worst fears were now confirmed.

"Lisa! why are you crying? did you know him?" Jinsoul began to bombard her with questions. "i'm...so sorry," Jinsoul pulled Lisa into a hug as her sobs grew a little louder.

"i shouldn't have said it like that. Lisa i'm so sorry." Jinsoul consoled her, standing up to tighten the embrace.

"Jinsoul, have you seen Li- Lisa!?" the sound of something heavy dropping startled Lisa. she faced the door in fright but it quickly disintegrated when she seen Jungkook's familiar face.

his doe eyes were wide & ridden with worry. "why are you crying?? are you hurt!?" he practically dove over to Lisa, holding her as tight as he could "Jinsoul what did you do to her!?"

"i didn't do anything! i think her relative passed." Jinsoul explained, in a hurried disorganized manner.

"get me the water bottle from my bag." Jungkook said, "it's okay Lisa, just take deep breaths."

Jinsoul handed Koo the water bottle, he was quick to seize it.

"drink," he opened it & held it to Lisa's lips.

Lisa took a big gulp, regretting it shortly after a dull pain stung her neck. She'd calmed down a little bit now.

"here, Lali. let me help you." Jinsoul dabbed her tears away, paying close attention to not mess up her makeup.

Kook was still rubbing soothing circles into her back as he guided her to take a seat.

once the tears somewhat stopped, Lisa spoke.
"n-no, he's not my relative but i... this is going to sound deranged but Taehyung d-"