// 12 - mind games //

sorry for the late update,,, i got my nails done so it's harder to type and my charger broke so my phone died for a couple days

♡♡♡

her body moved effortlessly to the music, it looked like the beat itself. jungkook watched in amazement, he could feel the passion practically radiating off of her. no matter how many times he'd watched her dance, she never failed to blow him away.

"wow," he gave her a big smile, "we're gonna win for sure, lisa."

"i know right!?" she squealed once the music stopped, "let's go over it one more time and then wrap it up?"

jungkook nodded, standing up and dusting his hands off. the two practiced for about 15 more minutes, before packing their things and leaving the dance studio.

the walk home was more than awkward, lisa kept reassuring jungkook that he didnt have to walk her home but he insisted which made her feel awkward. lisa silently prayed along the way that he wouldnt make another move.

the two arrived at lisa's front gate. she turned toward jungkook, awkwardly playing with her water bottle.

"look, lisa, i'm sorry about last time. i guess i misunderstood, i dont want it to be awkward between us," he sighed, scratching the back of his head.

"me either, let's just forget about it, kay?" lisa said monotonously, part of her felt guilty for behaving this way toward him but the fear of taehyung getting jealous overshadowed all of it.

jungkook nodded, "i'll see you in class." he gave her a hug, giving her a gentle pat on the head. lisa could tell he was hurt by her actions, but that was the least of her worries. she wanted to care, but she had too much on her plate as is.

taehyung knew that lisa was a terrible liar, she couldn't keep a secret to save her own life. he also knew that she was easily paranoid.

so, when he saw her hugging jungkook, he knew exactly what punishment she'd be receiving.

"oh, i got it lisa," taehyung smiled sarcastically, purposefully rubbing against her as he reached over her, grabbing the container of flour.

they were currently in the kitchen, helping lisa's mom bake cookies for her wine tasting club.

lisa closed her eyes as he did this, letting out a shaky breath. taehyung turned, handing it to lisa's mom.

"thank you taehyung, you're so precious," lisa's mom gave his cheek a firm pinch, taehyung cutely crinkled his nose in response, showing his boxy smile.

lisa wanted to gag as she watched this, he was so fake. she waited until her mom turned around to shoot taehyung a glare, mouthing 'stop it'.

putting all the ingredients together in a large bowl, lisa began mixing the batter, trying to distract herself.

"lisa, you're spilling it all over the place, don't do it so hard. are you angry at the food or what?" lisa's mom sucked her teeth, shaking her head.

"let me help you," taehyung went behind lisa, pressing his body into hers to 'help' her hold the whisk. "if you whisk too quickly, it creates too many air pockets in the cake and it'll come out ugly." lisa could feel the warmth of his breath on her ear, did he have to stand so close? was he trying to get caught?

lisa desperately looked to the side, only to see mom distracted by something else. she paid them no mind, did she not see anything wrong with this?

"i'll be back, i have to go get the meat from the deep freezer." mom said, blowing a stray piece of hair from her face.

"i'll get it!" taehyung reassured, walking away from lisa. lisa immediately relaxed, finally it was over.