// 15 - breaking point //

i jus wanted to say that, i read all of your comments over & over, i really appreciate them!! i'm jus wayyy too shy to respond. also my apologies, i was v tired while writing this, so i'm not v confident in this chapter at all, but please enjoy !☁️

♡♡♡♡

"did i say you didn't love me? actually i didn't m-mean that!" Lisa's voice wavered as Taehyung sped down the road.

he was driving so furiously, Lisa wondered how they hadn't crashed yet.

"shut the f*ck up." Taehyung spat.

"no, i'm serious. i know you l-love me! i can see that. it's not a-about me."

"quit trying to tell me what i want to hear! i'm not stupid."

"please, i'm sorry. just don't hurt me." Lisa begged.

Taehyung gripped the stirring wheel until his knuckles turned white. "don't try to make me feel bad, there's a lesson to b learned. you're making me do this." he took a sharp turn, speeding down the road.

Lisa reached over, placing her trembling hand on top of his & for a moment she could see his jaw unclench.

"do you remember that time in freshman year when i baked cupcakes with my friends & they were so nasty and burnt that no one wanted to eat them. but you still looked so happy to get one & ate it anyways?" Lisa spoke quietly, a new suggestion popping up inside of her head.

"yes." Tae peeked at her.

"it meant so much to me. y-you mean so much to me, Tae." Lisa said. partially, it was true, he did mean a lot to her.

Taehyung blinked rapidly, his entire demeanor softening up.

"do you-" Taehyung cleared his throat, "do you seriously mean that?"

"yes!" Lisa exclaimed.

he brought Lisa's hand to his lips, planting a tender kiss onto her knuckles. "i'm sorry for hurting you earlier."

Lisa didn't respond, it wasn't okay & she wasn't going to pretend like it was.

"T-Taehyung you know that man is ..d-dead, right?" Lisa gulped, knowing that now wasn't the best time seeing as he'd calmed down less than 10 seconds ago.

"what man?" Taehyung had a muddled look plastered on his face, he continued to kiss her knuckles.

"the man from that night," Lisa cautiously recalled the events.

"you mean the drunk blockhead that was harassing you?" Taehyung said jokingly, & Lisa felt her stomach turn.

"how can you be joking right now?" the appall was evident in Lisa's voice.

"do you want McDonald's?" Taehyung questioned, completely disregarding the previous topic.

"what? no, i don't want McDonald's. Taehyung, you killed someone." Lisa's voice began to raise, she was in disbelief.

"baby, he did it to himself. we both know that." Taehyung sighed, acting as if Lisa was the one who was starting a problem. "i don't wanna fight, who cares anyways?"

"i don't think you understand, he died because of you, Taehyung. you didn't need to beat him that hard." Lisa found herself losing her temper. "what do you mean w-we both know? i know that you unrightfully killed him." she continued on with her rant, meanwhile Taehyung totally shut her out.