// 8 - nonchalant //

yall are so sweet and funny🥺🖤 your comments make me sooo happy and confident in my writing😭💞i'm gonna aim for updates 2x a week tysmmm~♡

Lisa hadn't slept much that night, and whenever she'd manage to, the nightmares were horrifying. She felt so insanely guilty.

Before she knew it, the sun was shining through her pastel curtains and onto her tired body. She already knew her dark circles would be hideous, but that was the least of her worries at a time like this.

The house was silent, not a peaceful silence either. Lisa couldn't shake this newfound feeling of fear of Taehyung; more so of what he was capable of.

What am I thinking? That's crazy. He's not a dangerous person, Taehyung is a good person..

She shook the conflicting thoughts out of her mind and got out of bed, approaching her mirror and staring at her reflection.

Putting her long hair into a ponytail, Lisa began examining her dark circles before spotting a faint bruise near her collarbone.

Scrunching up her face in confusion, she pulled her pajama top off with ease and took a closer look.

A flashback of Taehyung accidentally striking her with his elbow flashed thru her mind.

A bitter expression replaced her confused one.

Lisa checked her forearm, the same place that Taehyung grabbed her last night and unsurprisingly found a darker colored one. He...didn't mean it

No matter how much she tried convincing herself, she couldn't shake the wary feeling. I should stay away from him..

Taehyung stared at his bandaged fists as he sat at the dining table, he'd prepared Lisa's favorite breakfast for the two.

Nothing says 'i'm really sorry' better than food, especially when it came to Lisa. He knew that for a fact.

He felt his stomach growl multiple times, but regardless he waited for Lisa. She was more important than anything else in the world, even himself.

After showering, Lisa came downstairs, Taehyung greeted her with his famous boxy smile. "Hey! Did you sleep well?"

Lisa gave him a forced smile. "Hi Tae," She sniffed the air, her eyes landing on all of the food.

"I-I made breakfast." Taehyung knew her smile like the back of his own hand, and that was not it. It was so ungenuine, shouldn't she be at least a little grateful toward me? I protected her.

Lisa sat down at the table, across from Taehyung and they began eating. "This is really good. Thanks Taehyung."

Tae couldn't help but to watch her, the way her cheeks puffed up was so cute.

Lisa took notice of his staring, completely oblivious beforehand. She swallowed before speaking, "sorry, did you say something?" Her thoughts were so loud sometimes, she couldn't be too sure.

I would die for you in a heartbeat. "no, nothing." Taehyung looked away with a small smile.

She was so beautiful, too beautiful.

The two finished their food and headed out, but the uneasy feeling returned. Lisa didnt want to be back inside of his car after that.

The atmosphere was too tense for her to handle, Taehyung acted so casual and unbothered, and that especially bothered her. He didn't bring up the topic once. He didn't even seem sorry.

Taehyung cocked an eyebrow when Lisa walked past his car, where the fuck did she think she was she going?

"Lisa? Wait," He caught up to her and gently took her petite hand, turning her around. "You're... not gonna take the bus, right? I-I thought..we always go to class t-together.." Taehyung frowned, looking down.

She'll never forgive me. That's it, it's over. I ruined my chance.

Lisa could tell she was hurting his feelings, which was the last thing she meant to do. "No, i...let's just go."
can't i get a little space?

Taehyung's frown was replaced with a cheesy smile, "really? I knew it!" He pulled her into a bone crushing hug, lifting her up off the ground in the process.

"Okay, okay! Put me down!" She let out a small laugh, forgotting about that night for a split second.

Taehyung set her down, catching a whiff of her perfume in the process. His hands rested on her hips and hers on his chest.

He leaned in closer, his lips brushing against her collarbone as he inhaled the scent. This put a halt to her laughter as she froze up.

He hummed in delight, his deep voice sending goosebumps all over Lisa's skin.

Butterflies filled her stomach and she chewed her bottom lip as invasive erotic thoughts entered her head.

"That's new, I like it." Taehyung smirked, staring into her eyes. Lisa could have swore she saw his eyes flicker down to her lips.

Lisa felt speechless, she wanted to respond but couldn't find the correct words.

"Oh. We'll be late, let's go." Taehyung glanced at his watch, and just like that his boxy smile returned, and his eyes went back to looking bright and innocent, like nothing out of the ordinary ever happened.