Ch. 7: Marigolds

Myungjun's POV
October 15, 2018

So I guess the journal only appears at night and disappears when the sun is finally up. It must be a part of all this time-travelling craziness since even since last night, the journal seemed everything but normal.

I had given up looking for it, and I'm standing infront of the desk, my hands placed palms-down on it. My head is hung low as I think of what I should do now that my only reliable source of information is gone.

"Oppa? A-are you okay?" I suddenly hear a young girl's voice from behind me and I raise my head and turn towards the voice to see Haeran, approaching me closely with worry in her eyes.

"Huh? Ah, yeah. Don't worry about me. I'm fine," I tell Haeran as I move away from the desk and smile reassuringly at her.

She releases a sigh of relief before looking back at me with a smile. "Anyway, breakfast is almost ready so you can come down now if you want to eat with us again," she tells me before walking back downstairs. She seems a lot happier now than the last time I woke up on the morning of October 15, 2018.

October 15. Of course, last time, this was the day I died. Just around 10:00...

Suddenly, my eyes widen when I realize something.

10:00! That's the exact time I travelled back in time during the first time and it's probably even the same time I lost consciousness and went back in time during the second time!

Surprise takes over me due to this new revelation.

I travel back in time at exactly 10:00! But why...

I go back to what I remember from the time I died and went back to my own time. It was almost 10:00 when I went inside Eunwoo's room and found the journal for the first time.

So he actually died at that exact time? I thought I had died all because of the surprise I felt that night.

I then recall that extreme tiredness I felt before I went back in time for the second time.

Then that must mean I travel back in time at the exact time he died... no matter what.

My brows furrow as I look towards the window. The curtains are parted and sunlight is streaming in. It looks like the weather will be fine today. I mean, of course, it will. It was good the last time I woke up on this day. Though, as good as the weather seems today, I can't help but be bothered by something.

Just how many more times am I gonna go back in time?

...

Breakfast today seems... light. I don't feel that heavy atmosphere we used to have before I decided to try and lighten things up. In fact, the girls are even smiling and talking as they ate, and I gladly tried to join in on their conversations. Though, it was hard and kind of awkward at first because it seemed all they talked about were "girl stuff". I just think they were leaving me out on purpose to tease me.

"Hey, the weather seems nice today," Haeran says, finally bringing me into their conversation as she points out towards outside the glass doors. Birds can be heard chirping outside from where we're seated and I feel a smile form on my face as the good morning settles into my mind. "How about we go visit Mrs. Lim's flower garden today?" Haeran suggests. "I heard she just got new flowers for her garden yesterday."

"Sure, I don't see why not," Hayoung agrees with a smile on her face.

Haeran turns to me with a hopeful smile. "Well? What do you say, oppa?"

Hayoung turns to me as well and I smile back at them. "Sure. Let's do that."

Soon enough, we finish eating breakfast, and after the dishes have been washed and we all got ready to go out, we head towards Mrs. Lim's flower garden, Haeran and Hayoung leading me since they know where to go.