Ch. 8: Insecurities

March 5, 2019

"Here. I want you to have this."

The woman's eyes widen, followed by them sparkling as she looks at the bouquet of marigolds the man infront of her is holding towards her. "Myungjun! What are these?"

Myungjun smiles sweetly at the woman before him as he places the bouquet in her arms and she eventually takes them. "They're marigolds."

"But- It's your birthday!" the woman says as she looks at her lover. "I should be the one giving you something!"

The man smiles softly as he gently places his hand on the woman's head and brings her head towards him, placing a kiss on her forehead. "You don't really have to, you know." He then stands beside her, placing his arm around her shoulder and his head on hers as he gestures to the marigolds in the woman's arms. "Those flowers... the marigolds... you know what they mean in the language of flowers?"

The woman looks up at him, a curious look on her face. "No. What do they mean?"

Myungjun chuckles softly before answering. "They mean 'happiness yet to come'. I'm giving them to you because that's what I want to happen. I want you to be happy, Y/N. That's my birthday wish."

The woman's eyes widen as she looks up at the man beside her. A sincere smile is on his lips as he looks down at her. Eventually, she smiles, and she places a quick but sweet kiss on his lips. "Thank you," she whispers to him once she has pulled back.

...

Myungjun's POV
October 10, 2020

I gasp as my eyes fly open and I wake up once again. The ceiling looks a lot closer as I look at it, and I soon realize that I'm back in my own time. It took me even longer to realize that my alarm clock is beeping. However, even though I've already noticed it, I stay still, lying on my bed as I look up at the ceiling.

I died again. And in the same brutal way I died last time.

Slowly, my hand starts to move as I place it on my chest.

It hurts so much... But I'm back now.

I breathe in deeply to confirm. A few seconds later, I sit up then turn to my alarm clock to turn it off. As soon as I do so, a thought suddenly enters my head, and I feel my eyes widen as I realize it.

Hayoung and Haeran had seen me die in my last moments as Eunwoo. They were there, and I failed to stay alive for them. What happened to them after that?

I then hear my phone beep, indicating that I had received a message, and I take my phone and check what the message could be.

Y/N:
Hey! Sorry, I can't come to work today. I don't feel okay.

My eyes widen, and I quickly get out of bed as I text her back.

Myungjun:
What happened? How do you feel? Is there anything you need?

I send her the message as I place my phone back on my desk and quickly get ready to go out. Immediately, I forget all about the time-travelling chaos. All I can think about now is getting to Y/N's house as quickly as possible to check on her.

As soon as I'm ready, I take my phone and head out of my house, locking it before going to Y/N's house just around the corner.

Once I'm there, I knock on Y/N's door then wait for a response. There isn't any, and I worry even more as I raise my hand to knock on the door again. However, just as I do so, the door opens and my eyes widen as I meet Y/N's eyes.