Ch. 10: Glass

October 12, 2018

I slowly open my eyes as I wake up. As expected, I find myself staring at a high ceiling, and outside, I can hear the birds chirping.

I'm back.

I place my arm over my eyes as I think back to what happened before I went back in time. "I wonder what happened to my real self after I had passed out and went back in time," I mumble to myself.

"Of course, I would hurt more seeing you die... but I would have still preferred that rather than not knowing what you had been going through all this time."

Those words Y/N had spoken suddenly replay in my head and I sigh loudly as I remove my arm from over my eyes and sit up.

She said she would prefer to know about me dying rather than not know about it at all even if it would still hurt her more... But I don't want her to hurt even more...

"Ugh, what am I supposed to do now?" I ask myself as I bow my head and hold it between my hands while I sigh in frustration. I then look up then suddenly find myself looking towards the mirror across the room.

In that mirror, I could see that broken and confused Eunwoo. I do feel bad for what he had gone through. He had to make such a tough decision just to try and make things better for everyone- No. Not everyone. Even if he did try to make things better for Y/N, he completely forgot about his own family. They were hurt, too. And in the end, what he did to Y/N only hurt her even more. I hate him for that. I can't help it. He wasn't even able to do anything at all. And now he's just bringing me into this mess just to correct the mistakes he had made? Why couldn't he have just fixed them when he was still alive?!

I shout angrily as I throw the closest object I can grab towards the mirror. It hits the mirror, and breaks it, making a crashing sound as the glass cracks and several pieces fall to the floor... along with the object I had thrown. My eyes widen when I realize what it is that I had thrown.

I wasn't really surprised that the journal stayed closed after I had thrown it and even after it had hit the mirror and landed on the ground, despite it not having any locks or anything to keep it closed during such circumstances. Rather, I was more surprised that, for the first time, the journal had appeared in broad daylight.

I get out of bed and start walking towards it, not even minding the broken glass on the floor as I don't even notice it. My full focus is on the journal as I walk towards it. Once I reach it, I pick it up and inspect it. Yup. It's the same leather-bound journal with my name on it. But for some reason, it's not opening on its own this time.

I slowly open it on its first page, not knowing what to expect. And all I see is a blank page except for two words written in the middle.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?" I ask as my eyes widen when I read the words. I'm snapped out of my trance when I hear a woman gasp.

"Eunwoo, what happened?!" Hayoung asks me and I turn to her to see her at the doorway, looking at me with a horrified look on her face. I then realize that I had stepped on  broken glass and that I'm still standing on broken glass with the journal in my hands. I must have looked crazy.

"H-Hayoung-"

"Your feet are bleeding! I'm gonna call an ambulance!" she frantically says before running off before I could even stop her.

Once she's gone, I look down at my feet. I don't really feel the glass under my feet, but I can definitely feel the warm liquid oozing out. I then realize that my hands are empty, and as I look at my hand, then at the ground around me, I eventually realize that the journal had disappeared again. And that message on the first page... Was that Eunwoo's response to my outburst just a while ago?