Ch. 3: Her Happiness First

2 years ago
October 12, 2018

"Oppa, I know you want what's best for her, but don't you think it's better to let her know?"

The girl fiddled with her fingers as she spoke to the man seated still on the side of his bed. "I've already decided, Haeran. I can't go back now. If I do, she'll be even more hurt when she sees me."

"But, oppa! She'll be scarred for life!"

For the first time in quite a while, the man actually looks up, and a gentle but sad smile is on his face as he looks at the girl. "Will she now?"

The girl stops in her words, then she lowers her head as she steps back. "I'll be leaving now." With that, she left her cousin's room, leaving him to grieve by himself again.

...

Myungjun's POV
Date unknown

I gasp loudly as I wake up, my eyes flinging open in the process. My alarm clock is beeping loudly on my nightstand and I turn to it as I realize that I'm back in my own home. My heart is still pounding loudly, and I breathe a sigh of relief as I place my arm over my eyes.

I'm alive... I'm still alive... What a night-

I stop my thoughts when I realize what I'm about to say, then remove my arm from my eyes as a frown forms on my face.

What was that even? Was it really just a dream? But it felt so real... Am I even myself right now?

I quickly sit up in bed and scan my room to confirm if I really am back. My eyes land on a mirror at the corner of the room, and I feel myself relax when I see myself in it. I sigh again as I place my head on my palms and rub my face exasperatingly. "What in the world is going on?"

...

Meanwhile...

The young woman stands infront of the gate of her house, waiting for her boyfriend to come by so they would go to work together. She hadn't been able to maintain her former job after her bitter break-up, but after meeting Myungjun, somehow, she was able to start patching her life back together. He's done so much for her, and she hoped that someday she would be able to do just as much for him, too.

She had started humming a song softly to herself, a song he often sang at work, when a figure came up to her. The young woman turns to her right, and a light smile forms on her face as she greets the familiar figure that had arrived. "Good morning, Yena."

However, the woman that had arrived doesn't return the friendly greeting, nor does she seem to have any intention of doing so, as she looks at Y/N with a cold look on her face.

"You seem happy today. It seems Myungjun really is doing a lot for you," she says with an unamused look on her face as she looks at the other woman with her arms crossed.

Y/N stops humming, sensing what's coming. "Yes... he is. And I love him for that," the young woman says as she lowers her head, still trying to keep the smile on her face, though inside, she's not really feeling good.

"Don't you feel guilty?"

Almost instantly, the smile on the woman's face disappears, and she bites her lip as her grip on her bag tightens. "Why should I?" she asks, her voice cracking. Of course, she knows what the other woman means.

Yena scoffs as she looks away then looks back at Y/N with a cold stare. "Are you playing with me or are you just plain stupid? Everyone knows you've never really moved on from your ex. Everyone can see it!"