Ch. 13: Clarity

October 11, 2018

I slowly open my eyes and my gaze instantly lands on the low ceiling above me. Yup, I'm definitely back in Eunwoo's body. I don't move at all for the first few seconds. My mind is still fogged by the thought of Y/N passing away, Hayoung going insane, and Haeran...

"It's his first morning back here. You should be cautious when you approach him. We don't want him to just suddenly lose himself."

My ears perk up when I hear those words. It sounds like Hayoung. I bring my gaze towards the door of the room, and just as I do, I hear Haeran respond to what she said.

"Yes, unnie. I know," I can hear her tell her sister.

Looks like I really am back. The girls sound okay now. For now. I let out a sigh as I look up at the ceiling one last time before sitting up and bringing my legs to the side of the bed. Suddenly, just as I place my feet gently onto the floor, I feel my body going weak.

I quickly place my hands on the bed, tightening my grasp on the bedsheets, and my eyes widen as my heartbeat suddenly starts to accelerate. I'm panicking.

Is this a side effect of the sickness? Or is it just another result of my carelessness?

I try to stand up as soon as my heartbeat had gone back to normal only to suddenly lose strength in my legs, causing me to collapse and fall onto the floor just as Haeran opens the door to the room.

"Oppa!" she shouts before she quickly runs to me, Hayoung coming in soon after and running to me as well.

"Eunwoo, what are you doing? You haven't even eaten for two days straight. Why are you suddenly moving?" Hayoung tells me and my eyes widen at her words.

"Haven't eaten in two days"? This feeling, my body going weak... this isnt because of my carelessness, it's because of Eunwoo's!

I try to help myself sit up by using my arm to prop myself up, but I lose strength in them as well and it sends me collapsing again, almost hitting the ground but not doing so due to Haeran and Hayoung quickly supporting me to help me sit up. I look at them, my brows furrowed and my eyesight suddenly becoming glassy for some reason. "What... what's going on?" I ask them. It sounds like I'm also out of breath.

What's really going on? Why are my eyes becoming teary?

"You should rest," Hayoung tells me gently and I look towards her to see her giving me a very concerned look. "And for goodness' sake, eat as well!" she tells me before she and Haeran and stand up later on helping me back onto the bed.

I keep my head down as I finally sit back on the bed, and the next thing I know, a tear escapes from my eyes and falls onto my lap. "I... I'm sorry," I tell them as my tears start flowing down my cheeks and the emotions that I couldn't take out when I was myself in the hospital come out. I bring my hands to my face to cover my crying face. Why hadn't I been able to help myself? Help them? Why didn't I even stop myself from falling down the stairs? I could have done something, but why?

I then feel Hayoung placing her hand on my back and patting me gently. She sighs. "It's alright, Eunwoo. You must be really heartbroken to even do anything right now, I understand that," she tells me gently. "But, please... don't be too careless, either."

I slowly nod. "O-okay," I tell her, removing my hands from my face and wiping my tears away. "I'm sorry," I tell them again.

Suddenly, Haeran places her hands around my waist and I look down at her with a surprised look to see her smiling as she hugs me. "Don't worry too much, oppa! We'll be here to keep you company so you won't be too lonely," she tells me in a cheerful tone that almost seems contagious.